SI Drums will not record

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Hi all,

Okay, apologies in advance, this I know is very basic but its ages since I did any thing with the CW drums, and today I just cant get them to record. I've done a screenshot which will show my setup, and I know its something stupid, but for the life of me I cant recall what I used to do to set them up.

I can hear all the kit okay through my phones,  but when I press record, no waveform can be seen and there are no drums.  I have tried various settings. I suspect its simple but cant figure it out. Input is through my Steinberg UR22 interface, with MIDI omni on the dropdown.

Once again I throw myself at the mercy of the forum!

Richie

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

You can't record a VSTi by clicking on the UI.

This!  You need to input midi using a keyboard controller or draw the notes in the PRV or the step sequencer. 
The SI drum patterns can be dragged and dropped onto its track. 

Edited by John Vere

Okay, making headway but....Any idea why groove clip looping isn't working? With the helpful answers above, I managed to suss out how to record the drums ( hi hat replaces click track on backing tracks) but when I right click on groove clip looping, I cant drag the end of the clip along? The edge of the clip just doesn't want to change so I can drag it and repeat the hi hat thru the song.

1 minute ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Okay, making headway but....Any idea why groove clip looping isn't working? With the helpful answers above, I managed to suss out how to record the drums ( hi hat replaces click track on backing tracks) but when I right click on groove clip looping, I cant drag the end of the clip along? The edge of the clip just doesn't want to change so I can drag it and repeat the hi hat thru the song.

It might already be a groove clip?

I dont think so, I mean I right clicked and selected "groove clip looping" so yes its selected, but the edge of the clip  doesn't change so I cant drag it outwards.

. I've done this many times before with no trouble but tonight?.... this time it wont work.

Obviously I am aware of the special hidden machine in Cakewalk that sits there with only one purpose, i.e. to drive me completely nuts every few weeks, but that aside I'm puzzled.