50% off all Musiclab guitars, now $69 each or $99 for RealGuitar:

cclarry

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Anyone using these?

Not any more since they effectively stole my realstrat licence a few years back - deleted it from my account because it was "too old". They did the same with real guitar too, but eventually they did give me the newer version as compensation for that when I kicked up, but still said that I would have to pay for a  realstrat upgrade to have it reinstated as a product on my account. TBH I never really liked realstrat much and hardly used it anyway, but not really the point. There's no way I'm paying again for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Anyone using these?

Twenty years ago these were pretty innovative.  The recordings were not very good, but the scripting was really clever.

In fact, 15 years ago I heard demos for a brand new KONTAKT developer's guitar and bass libraries that blew me away. I contacted the developer, sent him my bio and told him I'd been playing virtual guitar on keyboards since the 80s and proposed some ideas  for a next level virtual guitar system. 

The result was Orange Tree Samples Evolution guitar and bass lines.  RealGuitar was definitely one of the inspirations for what I proposed. They were an innovator. Since then a bunch of virtual guitar libraries have tried to match Evolution.  I don't think any hit the mark and it's partially because Evolution isn't just a sample library but uses modeling also. I think the best contender is Ample Sounds.  I think RealGuitar was great for its time 20 years ago, but Evolution was a game changer and that was exactly why I came up with the name Evolution, as it represents an Evolution from what has existed and it remains the best virtual guitar solution on the market.  Professional composers and producers have been using it in final productions for a long time at this point. That was the way it's been a game changer, as no one was using these instruments in final productions until the Evolution line came along. No one would use RealGuitar in final production. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1