Affinity Black Friday Sale: 40% off Everything + 25% Additional Upgrade Discount

pseudopop

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/store/upgrade-offer/

Own Version 1 of Affinity and want to upgrade to Version 2? Experience the full power of V2 for 25% off PLUS get a premium add-on bundle worth €294.98 (for free!) with your purchase.

My price is €80 for the whole creative collection. I'm not sure if it includes VAT. One year ago during the launch sale the price was around €124, I think.

My Black Friday budget is shot to hell.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

My price is €80 for the whole creative collection. I'm not sure if it includes VAT. One year ago during the launch sale the price was around €124, I think.

I did the upgrade earlier today. It was 40$ Canadians dollars more last year at launch  to upgrade to V2

19 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Wow that is a deal.

Launch deal was this for everyone (they couldn't track who was a v1 owner)

image.png.d0dbec5644545ff609612936c0614899.png

Edited by Brian Walton

3 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

It does (for me). I'm still a bit on the fence. It's a great deal, I'm just not sure I need this upgrade.

Same.

Haven't kept track with Affinity but at least when V2 came out, it didn't really bring too much new to all of the software. Have they since patched and added things?

9 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

That price excluded the VAT, 24% in my case. I think this offer might include it, but I'm not sure.

Don't know about VAT as I don't have to deal with that, but current is $74 for the whole suite which brings it into v1 sale pricing territory for those using all 3 products.

1 minute ago, Nick Blanc said:

It does (for me). I'm still a bit on the fence. It's a great deal, I'm just not sure I need this upgrade.

I use Photo every week (or close to it) and Publisher at least once a month.  I didn't think the v1 to v2 was really worth it at release - but the hope is they will give a few years before charging for v3 - it is a gamble for sure at this point.  Hoping we get some real needed/new features along the way.  But for the average users, I'm not sure I saw much worthy of the price difference.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kirean said:

Same.

Haven't kept track with Affinity but at least when V2 came out, it didn't really bring too much new to all of the software. Have they since patched and added things?

I have no clue. I haven't kept up. When they upgraded I decided I didn't need it for the basic stuff I do. I'm not a designer, I just make YouTube thumbnails, music coverart and some low level fun stuff. So if they didn't add anything groundbreaking in the meantime, I'm saving my money.

I'm buying a Korg NTS-1 for that money 😎

21 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Same.

I'm sure Affinity would argue with me - but this is the list and for most users, I'd tend to this this isn't game changing stuff.   Of course there have been bug fixes and things of that nature.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/whats-new/

23 minutes ago, Kirean said:

In v2 the crop tool doesn't forget its settings anymore (if you use a different tool or photo between cropping). I do a lot of cropping, so that fix alone is enough for me to upgrade, now that the price is more reasonable.