Harrison - Mixbus v9+9XT Plugins - $48.00 (94.89% off)

Kirean

https://store.harrisonaudio.com/all-products/mixbus-v9

The latest version of the Mixbus is here!

For a limited time only Mixbus v9+9 comes with an additional 9 XT plug-ins for ONLY $48 (making savings of more than $891!).

The bundle includes:

Mixbus DAW

XT-GV G-Verb+

XT-3D Delay

XT-SP Stunning Phaser

XT-DM Dyno-Mite

XT-MG Micro Glide

XT-EG Expander/Gate

XT-ME Mastering Equalizer

XT-EQ Equalizer

XT-TP Tremolo Panner

These were passed around at VI Control:

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

https://store.harrisonaudio.com/all-products/mixbus-v9

These were passed around at VI Control:

These videos aren't really relevant to the DAW, or the included XT plugins, more the separate channel strip to be used in other DAWs. The saturation isn't from the channel strip in this DAW, it was (when those videos were made) in the busses and you could dial in drive. I believe they've added drive to the channels in Mix bus V9 which is good, as sometimes if I was stem mixing, I'd route each stem to a buss, purely for the colour.

Dan's great, but this video was quite possibly the worst he's ever made and he omitted so many of the most important parts. Good for clicks though, so I can see why.

Personally I don't rate the plugin in the video, or the other buss one, but the DAW has some really nice color 🙂

• Like 2

I wouldn't know a thing 😄

But, I figured it was good to throw out there before people get blinded by the 95% off thing and engage full fomo-mode. Just to see what's happening around and go from there.

Edited by Kirean
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I wouldn't know a thing 😄

But, I figured it was good to throw out there before people get blinded by the 95% off thing and engage full fomo-mode. Just to see what's happening around and go from there.

These videos almost always get misquoted and people bring them up and say they apply to the DAW, so you're definitely not alone 🤣

Always pays to think twice, or be suspicious of anything 95% off. Even though in audio, for some stupid reason it's so prevalent so it's a minefield at times!

Nice work with posting so many deals too!

51 minutes ago, Moon OverSea said:

Seems it's a basic version not 32C version. And the attached XT plugins can only be used in the Harrison console.

Not sure if Solid Slate will give up the DAW or not as it seems I can't find the product in their new website.

Yep, they do tend to do the really cheap bundle with the basic version. I have considered buying it one time for the plugins more, as they work in 32C which I own and it's cheaper than buying them individually. A couple of them I really like too. Simple, but very good.

I don't think SSL will, but it's always hard to know for sure. I can more imagine them having SSL bundles and also integrating some of them natively inside Mixbus, which would be really good if it panned out that way (and the price wasn't absurdly high)

With Harrison, everything seems like it's slowly being migrated across to the SSL store.. they did have some bumps though.. I could redeem the iLok version of Mastering EQ for free, but at first it never sent the license to my iLok. It's working now though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moon OverSea said:

If you like Harrison here's the link of 32C V9 version for $79 , enjoy

https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspring.com/mb32cv9-jump-offer

I may regret it, as if they do integrate, or bundle SSL, I might end up paying more, but I have been thinking of waiting to see what happens there, so maybe V10 for me.

Thanks for sharing the link for the discount though 🙂

• Great Idea 1

As a reminder, when you buy Mixbus or Mixbus32C all of their XT plugins work without a license (with a very basic interface, looking a lot like Reaper plugins). The license for the XT plugins simply get you the UI skin you see in the ads. No installers needed, all the XT plugins are imbedded in the DAW.

Harrison did this so that, let's say, I own all the XT licenses and you don't. If I send you a full project using the XT plugins all across the song you will hear what I heard and you can edit the plugins (using the basic interface)  save and send me the project back and I will hear what you changed.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any thoughts on Harrison? 

I know it's still not fully clear whether our existing Cakewalk installs will work indefinitely, or what it might cost to keep using the new, supported version, and I'm looking ahead.

$80 for a perpetual DAW license is quite appealing - but at this price, Harrison, Reaper, and Presonus' Studio 1 artist are all in that $80-100 range. I like the look of Harrison's workflow, but recall that it was less stable for some users who run virtual instruments (which I do).

1 minute ago, Craig Fowler said:

I know it's still not fully clear whether our existing Cakewalk installs will work indefinitely, or what it might cost to keep using the new, supported version, and I'm looking ahead.

$80 for a perpetual DAW license is quite appealing - but at this price, Harrison, Reaper, and Presonus' Studio 1 artist are all in that $80-100 range. I like the look of Harrison's workflow, but recall that it was less stable for some users who run virtual instruments (which I do).

I love mixing in Harrison and totally worth it for that alone. Reaper is probably better for MIDI/VST instruments though in that price range. I prefer Cubase, but Reaper is a damn good price!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

who run virtual instruments (which I do).

The of the four choices you listed

37 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

$80 for a perpetual DAW license is quite appealing - but at this price, Harrison, Reaper, and Presonus' Studio 1 artist are all in that $80-100 range. 

If $80 were my budget I'd go with Reaper. V7 was just droped and a license is good for 2 versions (i.e. 7 and 8 right now) which traditionally is around two years.

Harrison is more like 18 month cycles between versions but the upgrade cost is not break the bank level (around $50 IIRC).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

$80 for a perpetual DAW license is quite appealing

One more thought about Reaper, get the (independent) SWS Extensions (donation ware) and azslow3's ReaCWP Reaper plugin to open a CbB cwp file in Reaper to "pretty much" get your outstanding projects into Reaper format. I've only tested about 10 projects and have only had to make some very minor adjustments.

You can try all this today as Reaper installs as fully functioning demo from the download page.

8 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

The advantage of Reaper and Mixbus over Studio 1 Artist is that they have an authorization that you can copy to a new system without trouble, if you once change your computer, i.e. your work will not be a hostage to the developer company (no mercy required then).

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1