Universal Audio UAD Ultimate 12 - Upgrade from Ultimate 11 $199.5

Moon OverSea

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jngnz said:

FYI quite a few people on GS have reported getting this and having been able to register it without any prerequisite checks whatsoever.

I'd jump on this if I hadn’t gotten Signature.

Still hesitant. 
Got the Creative bundle (with the instruments) but most of what’s in Signature (or Ultimate) I got already from from other pretty good devs like Apogee, Arturia, Slate Digital, or even Plugin Alliance (and IK). 

• Like 1

After reading comments about the previous bundle going through, I thought about taking the risk as I think they might have a similar upgrade system to iZotope that doesn’t check when buying from 3rd parties but instead just issues a full licence.

The bargain hunter in my is very tempted given what you would get, the other side of me questions whether it is things I would use or not.

Edited by Mark Spooner
  • Like 1

If in doubt, steer clear. Getting Signature has taught me I already have better alternatives for basically everything in there. The only things I will really be using are the re-mic plugins. The Sound City plugin is pretty amazing. I have heard a lot of good things about the Ocean Way one as well, but it’s not Native yet and it’s unclear if it ever will be.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

7 hours ago, jngnz said:

If in doubt, steer clear. Getting Signature has taught me I already have better alternatives for basically everything in there. The only things I will really be using are the re-mic plugins. The Sound City plugin is pretty amazing. I have heard a lot of good things about the Ocean Way one as well, but it’s not Native yet and it’s unclear if it ever will be.

Overall I'd say it was definitely worth the $150 upgrade to Signature to get the good ones I wanted, but the whole bundle definitely isn't full of standouts and many are somewhat filler and I have better too. But there are some great ones in there that will get a lot of use.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I believe that the Signature Collection is EVERYTHING that is currently "Native"
Complete would only add what is "Apollo Specific"

That's my understanding too. You would only get it if you had the hardware to use them now, or to wait and get each plugin as they convert it to native.

But there are a truckload of plugins that most of us already have the PA versions too, or Sonnox, etc. There are still some good looking plugins in Complete that I wouldn't mind. Personally I don't think I'd want to spend any more money with them for a bit. Who knows where their prices and treatment of customers is going at the moment! New customers will probably get complete for $150 in the not so distant future 🤣

• Like 4