Wurly Model 120 by IK Multimedia Wurly Model 120 by IK Multimedia FREE

satya

https://audioplugin.deals/product/wurly-model-120-by-ik-multimedia/

Introducing the WURLY MODEL 120, a portable electric piano by IK Multimedia.

WURLY MODEL 120 is based on the Wurlitzer Model 120 portable electric piano from the 1950s, one of the earliest electric pianos to find its way into the pop music charts. Wurlitzer electric pianos use hammers striking a metal reed and electromagnetic pickups for their distinctive tone. Ray Charles used the Model 120 to great effect on the songs, “What I’d Say” and “Unchain My Heart.”

Usually 49$

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

I don't think it's worth the time to download, much less $49.

I'll admit I am not familiar with the Model 120, but this sounds more like an AWE-32 era acoustic piano soundfont than what most people would think of as a Wurlitzer.  The decay sounds a bit off to me as well.    The Wurli from Dash/Wusik's EVE from 20 years ago is significantly better.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I don't think it's worth the time to download, much less $49.

I'll admit I am not familiar with the Model 120, but this sounds more like an AWE-32 era acoustic piano soundfont than what most people would think of as a Wurlitzer.  The decay sounds a bit off to me as well.    The Wurli from Dash/Wusik's EVE from 20 years ago is significantly better.

At 13:09 has a direct comparison between 3 models (200A, 140B, 120).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

At 13:09 has a direct comparison between 3 models (200A, 140B, 120).

I'm such a huge Wurli fan, I already saw that video, but I love any thread where we talk Wurlis. So thanks for sharing this Patrick. As I've watched and enjoyed your videos and know that you're a talented keyboardist  (plus I don't have enough hard drive space to download this so I can't check it out) , I'd love to hear your thoughts on the SampleTank library. if you've had a chance to install and use it. I did use the link to grab the freebie, so thanks @satya 

• Like 1