Musio Lifetime License

Kiloteq

For those who have been considering a Lifetime License
Until 14:59:59 on October 16 (UTC)

https://store.minet.jp/item/8772.html

Sorry, it seems to be limited to Japan.
I received information from other posters that if you contact support, they will respond.
If you are considering a lifetime license, that may be a better option.

Edited by Kiloteq

Link looks rather "scammy" to me.   One can only buy Musio directly through Cineamples at musio.com.

They recently removed the ability to get a lifetimee sub from their store;  according to the "official" sources, you can still purchase one only through their support, and for $999.

That being said, I'm a big Musio fan.  I jumped at the lifetime for $499 when they offered it (and a rather impulse buy that was), but thus far, its been the best money I've spent on orchestral libraries.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, husker said:

Link looks rather "scammy" to me.   One can only buy Musio directly through Cineamples at musio.com.

They recently removed the ability to get a lifetimee sub from their store;  according to the "official" sources, you can still purchase one only through their support, and for $999.

Please be assured that the link is to a Japanese agency that handles many famous developers.

https://www.minet.jp/
The list of developers is shown at the bottom of the page.

24 minutes ago, husker said:

That being said, I'm a big Musio fan.  I jumped at the lifetime for $499 when they offered it (and a rather impulse buy that was), but thus far, its been the best money I've spent on orchestral libraries.

Yes, I think so too.
Although the price is full price, I thought it could be an option for those who were considering it, so I decided to post it.

Edited by Kiloteq
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiloteq said:

Please be assured that the link is to a Japanese agency that handles many famous developers.

https://www.minet.jp/
The list of developers is shown at the bottom of the page.

Yes, I think so too.
Although the price is full price, I thought it could be an option for those who were considering it, so I decided to post it.

It's a good post that will be helpful to some forum members. Many Americans aren't very familiar with trade in other countries and how developers distribute in markets outside the US.  

On another note, if Cinesamples delivers the scripting improvements they're promising for Musio, I think Musio will be a much more compelling product,  although Mike Patti has been clear that the sophisticated KONTAKT scripting features that composers love about Cinesamples libraries will not be coming to the Musio versions at any point and that seems a combination of it being more complexity than Patti wants to deal with for the line and a strategy decision to keep a compelling differentiation with the costlier KONTAKT versions. In any event, at this juncture, I think it does look like a cool offering,  but to me, great scripting is a huge part of what makes complex libraries enjoyable to play. 

For you sampling industry historians who enjoy nerding out, the genuis responsible for the brilliant scripting in Cinesamples libraries back in the day (15 or so years ago) was Greg Schlaepfer. His scripts were a major part of what made Cinesamples libraries so beloved by composers and they would rave about the scripts over at VI-Control,  and that was how I first came to learn about Greg and took notice when he started his own company, Orange Tree Samples. 

• Like 2

So is Musio offering the Cinesample libaries (including the Kontakt ones)?
Or are these 'Musio' versions of Cinesample libaries?

Edit: was looking at CineBrass Horns of the Deep and that's a Kontakt 5.8.1 library and included w / Musio package. 

Edit2: signed up for trial and Musio is using their own player/VST3, not Kontakt.

Edited by TheSteven

34 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

For you sampling industry historians who enjoy nerding out, the genuis responsible for the brilliant scripting in Cinesamples libraries back in the day (15 or so years ago) was Greg Schlaepfer. His scripts were a major part of what made Cinesamples libraries so beloved by composers and they would rave about the scripts over at VI-Control,  and that was how I first came to learn about Greg and took notice when he started his own company, Orange Tree Samples. 

The excitement surrounding Orange Tree Samples during the previous sale seemed special, and I was convinced.
I would like to participate the next time there is a big sale.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kiloteq said:

The excitement surrounding Orange Tree Samples during the previous sale seemed special, and I was convinced.
I would like to participate the next time there is a big sale.

One could easily write me off as a fan boy, as I've consulted to the business since their early days and am friends with Greg. But as anyone in this forum can figure out, I'm a hypercritical sample user and former working musician, but my relationship with OTS began because I was a huge fan of Greg's work and wanted to see him create my dream library-- and that is the genesis story of the Evolution line that later came to be. I'm friends with a bunch of developers I've given advice to over the years, but there's only one whose libraries I use nearly every project and never cease to inspire me, OTS. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

One could easily write me off as a fan boy, as I've consulted to the business since their early days and am friends with Greg. But as anyone in this forum can figure out, I'm a hypercritical sample user and former working musician, but my relationship with OTS began because I was a huge fan of Greg's work and wanted to see him create my dream library-- and that is the genesis story of the Evolution line that later came to be. I'm friends with a bunch of developers I've given advice to over the years, but there's only one whose libraries I use nearly every project and never cease to inspire me, OTS. 

The scales often fall from my eyes when I see unexpected stories and information in the sale information in each thread.
Even if I don't understand it myself at the time, when something is conveyed to me as an atmosphere, I know there is something there.
I now have one more developer I am interested in. Thank you very much.

• Like 2