APD Offer - 🆕 New Acoustic Revelations - Strum Designer by Impact Soundworks!

cclarry

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Got this one some time ago, as a sequel to their older Acoustic Revolutions 3 for Kontakt full. Much better now. 

@Fleer How do you find Strum Designer compares with the other loop-based guitar strum libraries like NI's Session Guitarist line, the UJAM line or Wavesfactory's Strum?

I'm hoping the next version of Evolution will make the strumming engine dead simple so that those who don't care about creating their own strumming patterns can just go right in and choose from a much larger (than the current version) selection of presets, but nothing is currently as easy as these loop-based strum players when you're good with using loops with no possibility of customization. The ideal, IMO, is to have tons of ready to go usable presets and to be able to customize those patterns, which of course,  isn't possible with the loop-based libraries. At least no one has figured it out yet.  So single note, non loop players still offer the greatest flexibility, of course. I've been giving input into the next round of Evolution and my expectation is that the next version will accomplish that. But for now, nothing's as dead simple as using loops. But creatively,  I always have my own ideas and want to customize patterns and also, I want to take ownership of the parts and not just use stuff played by other people-- loops are convenient,  but they're not you playing to the degree hiting a note triggering a sample of a note is. And that is important to me too. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Fleer How do you find Strum Designer compares with the other loop-based guitar strum libraries like NI's Session Guitarist line, the UJAM line or Wavesfactory's Strum?

Better than the two latter ones, but the NI does sound more natural IMO. 

Still, ImpactSoundworks came a long way. And it’s Kontakt Player compatible, which the UJAM and Wavesfactory are not. 
There’s another contender from AAS but that one never did it for me. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Better than the two latter ones, but the NI does sound more natural IMO. 

Still, ImpactSoundworks came a long way. And it’s Kontakt Player compatible, which the UJAM and Wavesfactory are not. 
There’s another contender from AAS but that one never did it for me. 

In the future, @Fleer,considering that you seem to own every KONTAKT library ever made and I value your opinions, I'll just PM you for your thoughts prior to making a purchase!  (Kidding. Well, kind of....) 

I used to think I was among the biggest sample library hoarders around,  but your collection is so far beyond mine, it seems that you already own every sample library I've considered over the past few years and a bunch that are way beyond my budget! It's always good to know someone worse than ourselves, isn't it? So I'll always have you and I think the only person with more libraries and plugins than you (or anyone on the planet) would have to be Bapu! Nobody can top him. 

• Haha 1

I found a lack of 3/4 rhythms in NI’s libraries, but i could be mixing it up with their electric guitar ones, (so i could stand corrected there). That said id hope this had a good selection of 3/4 + 6/8 like the description says. 

on another note, does anyone understand how APD reward dollars are used? It says I have $40 in rewards but no idea how or if i can apply them to an order (this product for example)?

I briefly considered buying AR3 years ago and it was actually this part of it that persuaded me not to. The thought of having to trawl through loads of patterns with such helpful names like Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2....Rhythm 48 every single time to find something that approximated what I was looking for just didn't really do it for me.

8 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

on another note, does anyone understand how APD reward dollars are used?

They're like NI vouchers....only redeemable against things you don't want at the current price. HTH.😀

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, paulo said:

I briefly considered buying AR3 years ago and it was actually this part of it that persuaded me not to. The thought of having to trawl through loads of patterns with such helpful names like Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2....Rhythm 48 every single time to find something that approximated what I was looking for just didn't really do it for me.

They're like NI vouchers....only redeemable against things you don't want at the current price. HTH.😀

Thanks, seeing this was indeed confusing when I find out i can’t actually use the rewards lol

IMG_9528.jpeg