[Solved] Using the event inspector to edit after selecting everything doesn't include CCs

John Deacon

I needed to change the MIDI channel for all tracks from a mixture of channels to everything on channel 1.

I select everything. I use the event inspector in the command bar to set the channel to 1. This changes the notes but doesn't change the CC events.

Is this the expected behaviour? It isn't what I wanted. I have to go to the event list and change each CC event's channel individually.

Edited by John Deacon

• John Deacon changed the title to [Solved] Using the event inspector to edit after selecting everything doesn't include CCs

Thanks User 905133 and Jack Barton.

Process > Find/Change is the solution to my original query.

The Event Inspector can change the channel of notes but not CCs. And Process > Find/Change can change the channel of CCs and not notes.

The limitation of these two processes are still puzzling. But at least there's an answer.

Edited by John Deacon
  • Like 1

This limitation of Event Inspector came up a while ago. Process Find/Change is easy, but you can also set RechannelMIDI=1 in Cakewalk.ini set a forced Ouput channel in the track and Bounce to Clip(s) to write forced channel to the events. This used to be the default behavior until someone complained it was unintuitive... yes, but handy.  ;^)

RechannelMIDI=<0 or 1> Boolean 0 This variable specifies if a MIDI track's forced channel should be
applied to channelized MIDI data when bouncing MIDI data, or
when saving Format 1 Standard MIDI files. The values are as follows:
0 = Do not re-channelize MIDI events.
1 = Re-channelize MIDI events.