added Nectar 4 and Audio Engine drops every time it processes?

Pathfinder

I have had to stop upgrading any of my izotope plugins because my computer is getting too old (?) to handle them so I get glitches and dropouts. I have read on here Izotope products can be heavy to use. I have closed the gui if I am having an issue and sometimes that helps.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, treesha said:

I have had to stop upgrading any of my izotope plugins because my computer is getting too old (?) to handle them so I get glitches and dropouts. I have read on here Izotope products can be heavy to use. I have closed the gui if I am having an issue and sometimes that helps.

I thought since Ozone 10 advanced, Neutron 4 advanced, Nectar 3 plus, etc never bothered somewhat modern PC nectar 4 advanced would be OK. Evidently not. No refunds of course. Thanks for the reply Treesha

Ps I also noticed that certain features/modules would be ok but others cause an immediate problem. Low balance control in my ozone the worst. I did some of the computer tweaking in various optimizing posts on the forum and that helped what i have work a little better too. 

On 10/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, treesha said:

Ps I also noticed that certain features/modules would be ok but others cause an immediate problem. Low balance control in my ozone the worst. I did some of the computer tweaking in various optimizing posts on the forum and that helped what i have work a little better too. 

I need to do some searching on the optimize issues. I would have thought an 11thgen i7, 32GB Hi Performance ram and ALL newer NVMe.M2 samsung drives would be enough. evidently not. It really only happens if I try to use the Nectar 4 advanced asst that states "Customizing the Process".

Oh well. 
Thanks very much for the input!

Edited by Pathfinder

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have experienced similar issues with Nectar and the usual things like making the processing buffer larger have had positive effects in terms of reducing drop out but also introduce unsatisfactory latency. I feel this is a problem for Izotope to solve rather than it being a Cakewalk problem. My impression is that Nectar appears to be trying to do a lot of its processing in close to real time and when that imposes significant load on the processor drop outs appear. I'm not sure why Izotope chooses to do this as it would seem like an easy fix to process the waveforms over a longer period of time in close to real time when it is doing the analysis.  

• Like 2

I had a powerful computer at the time of release of Nectar 3:   i7 /12 core/32 ram blah blah.

I really liked Nectar 2, so jumped on Nectar 3 vagon as soon as it was released. It was a nightmare...  The amount of time I spent  trying to tune PC  and Cakewalk to make it work was ridiculous. All other heavy duty plugins worked fine.  Time came to upgrade Hard Drive and original was swapped to Samsung 980 PRO.  So I tried Nectar 4 thinking that  faster hardware and new released N4 addressed issues.  Same deal. Audio engine would stop every 3-5 seconds. I gave up. Finally upgraded my 5 y.o. computer.  Still i7 (not i9) Specs are better, but it's not a gaming machine.  I had Nektar 4 on hand, as it came in a bundle that I have.  I tried it, and it worked without any hiccups. So, for laughs and giggles I added another instance,  and computer pulled it off.

My conclusion is that plugin fails on certain computer hardware or cpu architecture, speed is minimal factor.