[Solved] Bug in Pro Channel Modules that are switched off, comes back on when you leave that track

kday

There is a bug in the Pro Channel modules that I'm experiencing.

When you cutoff one of the pro channel modules in a track, and then leave that track and come back to it the Pro Channel that you switched off is now back on. 

I tried everything like re-loading the particular Pro Channel modules in the particular tracks affected, and reloaded the whole program and it still does the same exact thing.  Not all tracks or Pro Channel modules do this, just some.  I have to check every track's pro channels all day to see if any modules have switched itself back on in the modules that may be affecting my sound every time I leave a particular track.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Update: Doing a [reset my pc] in Win11 restored all the corrupted or missing Microsoft runtime libraries files as written in the other thread. Replacing an OS from another SSD still left the computer with corrupted files. So the rest my pc finally worked. 

Edited by kday
Solved
  • Great Idea 1

Workspaces are only for your layout and which modules and dialogue boxes are showing in things like the control bar and track headers. . Only track or project templates have bearing on stuff like Pro Channel set ups. If you don't want a module best to completely remove it. First thing I do after installing Cakewalk. Delete all but the EQ and save as a project template. 

What is not mentioned is did you accidentally install the early release version?  

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I did install the early release version  and I did revert back to the old release and I 'm getting the same thing of automatic switching on for some of the pro channel modules.  This issue could've been introduced a while back in a previous release, but I never went through all my track pro channels like I did recently when setting up a new template to notice many of them default back to the ON position after switching them off and exiting the track.

I give up on this Cakewalk Bandlab, it's shot. It's like Cakewalk with a broken arm, or Cakewalk without a professional Pro Channel because many are defective. I just hope this bug doesn't carry over to their new version since they may never know this issue exist. 

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

8 hours ago, kday said:

When you cutoff one of the pro channel modules in a track, and then leave that track and come back to it the Pro Channel that you switched off is now back on.

Are you saying that you bypass the modules, then close the ProChannel, then open ProChannel, after which the modules are not bypassed?

If that's the case, have you checked the state of your Read Automation and Write Automation buttons on the tracks in question?

When I first started using Cakewalk, I got into trouble because I had been making fader moves and such that were being written and read as automation when I didn't want them to, I just wanted the fader to go where I put it and stay there.

So try it: if you disable automation read on the tracks, does it still happen?

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 6:56 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Are you saying that you bypass the modules, then close the ProChannel, then open ProChannel, after which the modules are not bypassed?

If that's the case, have you checked the state of your Read Automation and Write Automation buttons on the tracks in question?

When I first started using Cakewalk, I got into trouble because I had been making fader moves and such that were being written and read as automation when I didn't want them to, I just wanted the fader to go where I put it and stay there.

So try it: if you disable automation read on the tracks, does it still happen?

Yes, when I load some pro channel modules in multiple channels they default to On position. Like if i load reverb across a few channels and default them all to the off position, and leave the track and then come back one of them the Reverb is back on again. So I'm gonna try cutting off Write Automation to see if that help. But i already sorta fixed it a little bit by building a new template and not adding anything extra and it's not cutting on any extra Pro Channel modules yet. If I try to add some Pro Channel modules it may start to doing that again so I'm adding pro Channel modules and saving each build to pin point what Pro Channel module is doing the error.

Now I'm getting VST Plugin-In Error  VST Plugin-In failed to load.   That may have something to do with the Pro Channel corruption. Thanks for all you help and I'm trying to add more channels until I get the bug to identify where it's coming from.

On 9/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, JohnnyV said:

So just delete them. If you don’t use them get them out of there. 

Some I really like and been using for a long time. I think I might be able to pinpoint exactly what's the problem after rebuilding new templates from scratch to identify which pro channel or what may be doing the corruption. I'm getting VST Plug-In failed to load message when trying to load a Pro Channel altogether now. It won't load at all.

On 9/6/2023 at 12:47 PM, Bass Guitar said:

Workspaces are only for your layout and which modules and dialogue boxes are showing in things like the control bar and track headers. . Only track or project templates have bearing on stuff like Pro Channel set ups. If you don't want a module best to completely remove it. First thing I do after installing Cakewalk. Delete all but the EQ and save as a project template. 

What is not mentioned is did you accidentally install the early release version?  

I installed the last regular version. I think my Cakewalk installation process may be corrupted from loading and unloading some VSTs maybe and possibly corrupted my Cakewalk Pro channel, or maybe the Pro Channel is corrupted so I'm trying to start from scratch with fresh builds and adding pro channels modules to see which one corrupts the Pro Channel rack.

• Great Idea 1

Trust us. It is not Cakewalk, this totally sounds like the VST effects you are using. Even the Boss guy ( Noel) will tell you that. Thousands of people use Cakewalk and nobody has your issue. 

After I install Cakewalk I make a new Template to record our band live and I make an audio track template for each instrument and save those as track templates. I only leave the EQ and the PC 2A compressor in the pro channel.  I delete all the other crap and check the box shown in my screenshot. In the millions of recordings I've worked on I've never had your issue. Oh and Breverb is a turkey, don't use it I'm pretty sure there are reported issues.

I use the Acon verberate, or Sonitus or if you have a Focusrite interface that comes with a free reverb.   And don't put your reverb in the track use a send to bus. Having a bunch of different reverbs is a real great way to muddy up a mix.  

https://acondigital.com/products/verberate-basic

Screenshot (115).png

Edited by Bass Guitar

My guess would be this is a case of not paying close attention to which track/bus is focused (name highlighted) vs. Selected (number.letter highlighted. They can be one and the same, but its working as designed that the focus can be moved away from a selected track/bus, and the focused track/bus is the one whose Prochannel will appear in the Inspector.

I'll wager we have all made this mistake at one time or another. I have not seen Prochannel 'activation' issues like this since it was first introduced when there were some reproducible anomalies that needed to be fixed.

If it's truly a bug, the Bakers will need a reproducible recipe, including a copy of the offending project if it's project-specific, in order to fix it.

@David Baay This is totally true the track inspector screwed me up many times  just like you are saying , so I stopped using it a long time ago.
I have Console view on second monitor and that’s where I open the pro channel and add stuff. 
@Bass Guitar Glad you pointed that out because that exactly what I do. Remove all those unwanted modules and I actually only have the EQ in the saved default. And it is turned off. 
I’ve never had a module turn it self on that’s actually impossible. The switchboard would have been lit up like Christmas tree 10 years ago. 

Edited by JohnnyV

• kday changed the title to [Solved] Bug in Pro Channel Modules that are switched off, comes back on when you leave that track
On 9/9/2023 at 5:32 PM, JohnnyV said:

This is totally true the track inspector screwed me up many times  just like you are saying , so I stopped using it a long time ago.
I have Console view on second monitor and that’s where I open the pro channel and add stuff

That's what I do, too. Inspector is only open for things that I can only do in Inspector, like use the arpeggiator, set clip colors, etc.

I've always suspected that the Track Inspector is there because it can be nice for working on a laptop or other single-screen situation.

Then there's the Craig Andertrick of having different strip modules in your Track Inspector and Console Views, but that's a pretty special case....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I've always suspected that the Track Inspector is there because it can be nice for working on a laptop or other single-screen situation.

True but for that I just use the D key and quickly toggle between the Multi dock and Track views. I work a lot in single screen mode because I'm using my second monitor for all sorts of other things like a document open, screen capture. I'm hoping for a 3rd monitor with my new set up. Or I'll buy 2 of those huge wide ones. It will be a different world when we get Sonar and it's new GUI.

• Like 1