UAD "NEW RE-DESIGNED" WINDOWS Apollo Twin X USB!!

Grem

Not sure what to make of this. Is UAD finally acknowledging the fact that there is a huge market they could cash in on if they worked to make their products more Windows friendly?

Working to make their plugins native would suggest this. This step however, clearly says to me they are going after the Windows plugin market. They want their piece of the pie!!

Read about it here

Included plugins here.

Those plugins are all top notch stuff. A lot of them are Unison Tech slot ready. Not all of them, but most of them IIRC. All of them are the "Legacy" version. Which means they are the older plugins with out newer features introduced in the latest versions. IMHO, you can do without those "new" features. These legacy plugins sound just the same as the new ones.

That all said, I would highly suggest if you can swing it, to get one of the channel strips. The Neve, API (love this thing!), or the SSL.

Word of warning: Once you start recording with one of those channel strips in the Unison slot, your not gonna want to do without it anymore.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Grem said:

Here is the part where I wait for Larry to show me he already posted this!! LOL 

:)

Nope...I did not post this! 

If the REALLY want to pull in the Windows users they had better make Luna Windows compatible ASAP.
That would really pull the Windows users in!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

Included plugins here.

Those plugins are all top notch stuff. A lot of them are Unison Tech slot ready. Not all of them, but most of them IIRC. All of them are the "Legacy" version. Which means they are the older plugins with out newer features introduced in the latest versions. IMHO, you can do without those "new" features. These legacy plugins sound just the same as the new ones.

That all said, I would highly suggest if you can swing it, to get one of the channel strips. The Neve, API (love this thing!), or the SSL.

Just FWIW, the link you posted says:

"Includes Heritage Edition UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressor collections, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ Collection, Pultec Passive EQ Collection"

So it is the new versions rather than legacy they include. No comment as to whether that matters in terms of sound, but surely it can only be a good thing 🙂

• Like 1