IK ToneX SE for $59.99

cclarry

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

Can anyone confirm, if one gets SE, are you eligible to upgrade to Max one day?

Not sure but honestly if you dive in with SE you may realize you really want the pedal which comes with Max.

I own both SE and Max and it may surprise you that out of the 50 patches on my pedal I think about 6 of them are IKM ones.  The rest are either my own creations or 3rd party either from ToneNet or 3rd party purchase.  All of which SE can handle.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Not sure but honestly if you dive in with SE you may realize you really want the pedal which comes with Max.

I own both SE and Max and it may surprise you that out of the 50 patches on my pedal I think about 6 of them are IKM ones.  The rest are either my own creations or 3rd party either from ToneNet or 3rd party purchase.  All of which SE can handle.

Thanks. I was looking at the pedal, and am still on the fence on getting it. I am trying to not accumulate more gear in my studio and just trying to use what I have. (I have too much already). I don't play live anymore, but I do session work and usually just use whatever the person has in their studio to do my parts. They all have some sort of guitar multi fx box and I can  dial in whatever they want out of it. But I do want to get into TX some more.

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Thanks. I was looking at the pedal, and am still on the fence on getting it. I am trying to not accumulate more gear in my studio and just trying to use what I have. (I have too much already). I don't play live anymore, but I do session work and usually just use whatever the person has in their studio to do my parts. They all have some sort of guitar multi fx box and I can  dial in whatever they want out of it. But I do want to get into TX some more.

Depending on the studio setup, for me this pedal basically changes that approach.  It becomes the pedal you load a variety of amps in and then you just bring a pedal / effects to boost or add color as needed.  The other amps and DI options become obsolete.  

This is the tech I've been waiting for.  The only real issue is the time it takes to profile gear.

• Like 1