Tracktion F.'em Synth updated to 1.1.8

asprog

re F'em - multiple issues

• I couldn't install F'em with the Tracktion installer - had to go to download folder and manually run installer.
  • Then Cakewalk VST scanner wouldn't recognize VST3 because installer had put it in a folder "F-em (64 bit).vst3"
    renaming the folder (deleting the extension) is one fix the other is moving the VST3 file and deleting the folder (had to rename it first before I could move VST 3 file).

Edit: see my subsequent post below on installing for better detailed instructions.

all good now.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

re F'em - multiple issues

• I couldn't install F'em with the Tracktion installer - had to go to download folder and manually run installer.
  • Then Cakewalk VST scanner wouldn't recognize VST3 because installer had put it in a folder "F-em (64 bit).vst3"
    renaming the folder (deleting the extension) is one fix the other is moving the VST3 file and deleting the folder (had to rename it first before I could move VST 3 file).

all good now.

What has your general experience been with the Tracktion Installer?  I've never used it.  I started just by picking up F'Em, the BioTek, then Abyss, then Hyperion.  I just always installed them manually.   Now that I have multiple products, I should probably look at the installer.

49 minutes ago, husker said:

What has your general experience been with the Tracktion Installer?  I've never used it.  I started just by picking up F'Em, the BioTek, then Abyss, then Hyperion.  I just always installed them manually.   Now that I have multiple products, I should probably look at the installer.

Experience?  Mostly positive, it usually works as it should.

In this case with F'em quickest way to update it is:

1. Delete F'em plugin from your VST3 folder.
  2. Update it or reinstall from Tracktion installer (installer will fail if you haven't deleted or renamed plugin)
  3. Go into your VST3 folder and rename the new "F-em (64 bit).vst3" folder - get rid of the VST extension so it's just named "F-em (64 bit)"
  4. Then run Cakewalk VST scanner, or if you have it set to autoscan you're done.

The above assumes you're running Windows.  I don't know if this nonsense is happened with the Mac version.

Edit: I opened a support ticket with Tracktion on this issue (folder with VST3 name) and also created a post on the Cakewalk Feedback forum about this because this issue should not be tripping up the Cakewalk VST scanner.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, husker said:

The installer is quite buggy in my experience. Often the downloads go to like 600% for example (but eventually install properly.) Sometimes it also feels like it doesn't keep track of the installed folders either.

12 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Sometimes it also feels like it doesn't keep track of the installed folders either.

If you like your VST3 plugins put in a custom location e.g.  something like "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Tracktion"
you can do that when using the individual plugin installers but there is no way to do that with the Tracktion installer.

The issue is that if you use the individual installers and install to a custom location - some remember that location (like F'em) and other don't (like Love).
For the ones that remember the Tracktion installer will  install them to the remembered locations while the rest will be installed to  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3".

The F'em installer has a similar issue that the BBC Orchestra update did.  Similar solution too  (remove the VST3 extension from the folder it puts the VST3 plugin).

I can also confirm “possible crash in FM Matrix control” has been fixed (I actually experienced this particular crash and reported this to Tracktion support).

• Like 1