Punk Chihuahua

John Bradley

3 hours ago, John Bradley said:

Here's a song (and video) I did this week.

The song is the Dead Kennedys' Holiday in Cambodia but with new lyrics about an anthropomorphic poseur dog with Short Man's Syndrome.

Obviously. Some songs just write themselves.

Also, there's some guitar nonsense.

Fabulous, JB! Made my morning. Here's my Chihuahua, Peanut, when he's pretending to be sane. 😋

tIAj28u.jpg

• Like 2

Mr. Bradley, sir . . . I bow to your comedic sensibilities here . . . what a whole lotta' fun. Guitar is super well played, and my compliments to your video costume designer.

Like a crazed fool, I just left the volume loud . . . because it just works !! . . . oops, gotta' go someone's banging on my door . . .

• Like 2

Thanks, glad y'all liked it!

Couldn't have made the video without the help of all the wonderful lunatics who dress up their dogs and share pictures of same. It was once such photo that got me rolling the phrase "punk chihuahua" around in my head and thinking "that's got a good rhythm".

Originally was thinking of Psychostick's Girl Directions, but opted for Holiday in Cambodia as it was more musically my sort of thing. 

Wrote lyrics and recorded the song (in CbB, obviously. All processing (including amp sims) done in-box.), and then had to find images that kinda matched up with the lyrics.

The Internet did not disappoint!

• Like 1