Skybox.Audio Weekend Sale

cclarry

You've been enjoying Hammers + Waves, so for our 2nd year anniversary celebrate with 35% off individual products and up to 55% off on the core collection bundle this weekend only!

We went above and beyond to capture the most precise samples possible.   The jaw dropping presets included with every collection were meticulously created by the worlds most in demand sound designers and producers.

https://www.skyboxaudio.com/cart

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

I got all excited by the email seeing $42 each by the electric keys...then realized it meant it was $84 for the Rhodes and Wurli pack. Which is more than reasonable, but I wanted my bargain!

I'm with you. I'm good when it comes to Rhodes, but I would like to add that Wurli 200A from that pack to my collection and I would have done it if it was sold separately, say for $42 USD. Their Wurli 145B is excellent. I should say that I bought it on the recommendation of two Cakewalk forum members after I did a thread comparing the various Wurli 200A libraries I own and they realized how deep my affection is for that instrument!

12 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

How much difference is there between the 145B and the 200A, @PavlovsCat? I'm semi-tempted by the offer on the 145B, but I only just bought SonicCouture's Broken Wurli. Which is very nice, although I think the Canterbury Suitcase (their Rhodes) is on a whole different level. 

The Wurlitzer 145B had a tube amp and the 200A used transistors. You can really tell when you play the 145B. The tube amp doesn't give the 145B more bite, as one might think from hearing "tube amp." You can hear its warmth. It sounds beautiful and smooth. I tend to turn to the 145B when I want the purest, most beautiful tone as opposed to some dirt/edge -- a more R&B suited tone which the 200A is great for.  The 200A cuts through a rock or R&B  mix much, much better, Of course, you could add distortion to the 145B, but it really doesn't work as well as the 200A and that's why I'm very glad I have both. But otherwise, if you just play them solo, the sound is not incredibly far apart. 

Check out the demos from Skybox Audio. It' s my only library from the developer, but it's so well done, I would be very confident in buying other libraries from them. It's just top-notch in all respects. Of course, I know that SonicCouture is also a superb sample developer. I'm pretty sure that their library is a sampled 200A. I own probably a dozen 200A libraries, and I suppose my favorite one is e-instruments 200A (although from listening to the Broken Wurli demos, I think I probably would have preferred that). But, IMO, even if you're completely in love with the 200A library you own, I would recommend spending some time listening carefully to the 145B demos from Skybox Audio and if you find the difference to your liking, I doubt that you'd regret buying it. 

Also, if you -- like me -- are really into Wurlis, there's another developer who has a Wurli library -- from another model -- for the UVI sampler -- Acoustic Samples. Their" Wurlie" library demos sound amazing to my ears. It's easily my favorite-sounding Wurli sample library demos I've heard yet. If I didn't already own a bunch -- or if they had a really great sale -- I'd pick it up. While I love electric pianos, as I grew up with a Wurli, it was used in our family band and my mother worked for the company, I have such incredible affection for that sound that no other electric piano gets to me as much.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

Thanks PC, very helpful!

I really like Skybox Audio as a developer too - I have the acoustic piano libraries which are outstandingly good, even taken as 'straight' pianos. I think I'm in the same boat you describe re your preferences; my ideal would be for the electric pack to combine the Rhodes with the 145b! I'm more of a Rhodes guy than a Wurli one, but I love the 'juiciness' of a nice Wurli!

• Like 1