Bias FX 2 updated to 2.1.4

cclarry

Update 2.1.4 delivers increased speed and performance in both standalone mode and as a plug-in all major DAWs. It also features a newly re-balanced sound engine, delivering improved tone in all 200 factory presets as well as any custom preset you’ve created.

What’s New:
● Increased speed and performance in both standalone mode and as plug-in
● Performance improvement in both single and dual path modes 
● Improved CPU performance efficiency
● Newly re-balanced sound engine
● All 200 factory presets have been tweaked for improved tone

https://www.positivegrid.com/news/?utm_source=urAD_facebook_post&utm_medium=cpa&utm_campaign=urAD_Conversion_Custom+Audience&LL_US&utm_content=Pro+list_US_LL1%_A_A&fbclid=IwAR3gBWLXeMDMypR2tWXXmdFZ4QV74nMt9gKme0e8DHMfwhFfZ9p342Q7dYA

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Thanks Larry!!

Although I have FX1, I'm wondering if FX2 is worth the upgrade?

With the current sale going on it's actually cheaper to by the Elite Combo
than to just buy the upgrade to FX 2 Elite!

FX 2 Elite Upgrade is $199
The Combo is $185, and with the 10% discount
makes it $166.50!  Code is LABORDAY10

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Mesh said:

Although I have FX1, I'm wondering if FX2 is worth the upgrade?

Yes it is IMO. 

You mention you have BAmp Elite, so I assume it is BA2 as the original never had an 'Elite' tier, so youi'll be able to have all your BA2 amps in BFX2 with fx available etc. Sound is better than FX1, although I still use FX1 as well for certain things, as well as Amp (1), there is just something with some amps that is lost with the transfer to Amp2, not that it's worse, more of a 'different' thing. But all said and done the sound quality and some other aspects are just straight out better in Amp2 or FX2.

[Edit} Plus you get all the fixes of course, the preset management is better, but compared to other products, and IMO, is still woefully subpar, but it is better and it is what it is. Performance/Loading times are better (especially with latest update) New, updated DSP engine is an improvement, stuff like pitch shifting/octaving works better, it was pretty sad in BFX1, still has a lot of room for improvement compared to some others, but much more usable now.  The new harmonizer can be quite usable.  Re-sizeable GUI, well 3 choices, Standard 125% and 175% I think it is. There are still a lot of stuff missing that should be there, in all PG products, value readouts, being able to tell what value a dial or knob is at, being able to revert a setting to default by ex double click, etc, there are many more 'little' things that all PG products still lack which are standard in other packages, and these things would make life much better. It is what it is, I like the sound I can get from PG products more than any other (I Own most available) but it could be soooo much better in terms of usability, but  .  .  .

Personally I have no regrets with the upgrade, I feel it was well worth it to stay current

Edited by ZipCode
  • Like 1

Done!!

Got the combo pack as that was the best deal. They really should've had a better pricing upgrade path from FX1 to FX2 (i.e. $99) which would've been more reasonable, but I'm happy with their products. 

Thanks all for chiming in.......Helix Native is next. ;)

• Like 1