Prominy Summer Sale - Up to 40% Off

cclarry

25 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Long time no see. 

I haven't seen that developer mentioned in ages. 

I bought their Les Paul library, probably more than a decade ago. While it was a well sampled instrument,  it was a ton of articulations without scripting to make it possible to achieve a realistic performance in real  time; you had to go into midi by hand to create authentic sounding performances. So I gave up on it and never bothered with the library even a month after I bought it.  

For me, the game changer for guitar sample libraries was when the scripting became sophisticated enough that you could play on your midi keyboard in real time and it sounded realistic. But it's been a long time and I'm an old customer of theirs and I don't recall seeing an email from them in ages. By now their scripting might be a completely different story. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

While it was a well sampled instrument,  it was a ton of articulations without scripting to make it possible to achieve a realistic performance in real  time; you had to go into midi by hand to create authentic sounding performances. So I gave up on it and never bothered with the library even a month after I bought it.

In their SC videos I saw there are some scripted patches that should allow for a realtime playing, well maybe not as full-featured like most instruments nowadays. But man, does it sound righteous!