Arturia - The Futurism Sound Pack for $19

Frank

https://www.arturia.com/futurism-23

The FuturismSound Pack

Special sound bank offer for Analog Lab & Pigments

Explore 450 sounds from near and distant futures, from time-degraded trap atmosphere to post-apocalyptic soundscapes, with 3 sound banks for Analog Lab & Pigments, available as an exclusive bundle.

Save 75% OFF Until July 16th, 2023

at 19.99€/$ 

Including Urban Clouds, Dystopian Machine, and Pop Transcendence, 3 banks, each containing 150 presets, inspired by the future of music production and sound design.

• Like 6

Descriptions with direct links to the demo, preset breakdown pages.

Dystopian Machine explores mechanical rhythmic momentum, the metallic sounds of industrialization, and the echoes of hi-tech gone haywire. These 150 sounds for Analog Lab & Pigments feature glitchy pads riddled with harmonic imperfections, crushing pneumatic basses, gnarled sequences pulsating with distortion, destined for cinematic sound design and video game immersion. Sounds by Konstantin Klem, Aileen Wallace, Simon Gallifet, Kuba Sojka, Hugo Sebastian, and Lily Jordy.

Pop Transcendence is your go-to library of ultra-modern pop presets. Featuring 150 presets for Analog Lab & Pigments, it encompasses chrome-plated leads, luxurious faux-brass stabs, shimmering sequences of digital plucks, and much more, inspired by K-pop, hyperpop, and art-pop. Sounds designed by Rob Martland, Maclov Lecalvez, Stewart Walker, Marco Iodice, Adrobski, and Hugo Sebastian.

Urban Clouds draws upon the dark, abstract, mesmerizing ambiences that give modern trap and cloud rap that distinct hazy vibe. Fall into a swirling mixture of lo-fi beds of harmony, chiptune melodies, distorted 808s, degraded-tape timbres, and lush R&B keys. 150 presets for Analog Lab & Pigments, designed by Paul Laski, Yuli Yolo, ARC Noise, Victor Morello, and Lily Jordy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pigments is my most regretted purchase lately. That thing sounds like $%#@ (in my opinion of course). I don't understand the hype, and I don't understand how Arturia can make a synth that sounds so lifeless (filters, effects section, etc.) 

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Pigments is my most regretted purchase lately. That thing sounds like $%#@ (in my opinion of course). I don't understand the hype, and I don't understand how Arturia can make a synth that sounds so lifeless (filters, effects section, etc.) 

I respect your experience but I find it to be the opposite. Some of the filters are literally the same filters from stand alone products that are well regarded. It has become my go to. 

4 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I respect your experience but I find it to be the opposite. Some of the filters are literally the same filters from stand alone products that are well regarded. It has become my go to. 

No way it's the same filters. CPU hit alone will tell you that. Or, just listening to them. There is not a single filter in Pigments that comes anywhere remotely close to their MS-20, mini or M12. The filters in Pigments sound like *****. Worse than ***** compared to anything U-He, or Serum, or Knif Audio, or Massive X, or hell even Omnisphere, although Omnisphere's filter options are absurdly deep.

If you want to test how bad it sounds - build a simple saw bass patch in Pigments. Then build one in Repro-1. There is no reason to use Pigments for literally any synth purpose, unless it's the only synth one has, and it's just for very average jack-of-all-trades utility sounds. Which seems to be what it's made for. 

31 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

While I disagree with your assessment of Pigments, I will not try to change your mind.  You are entitled to your personal preferences.  However, since you just got it, I would encourage you to ask for a refund instead of grumbling that you wasted your money.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

No way it's the same filters. CPU hit alone will tell you that. Or, just listening to them. There is not a single filter in Pigments that comes anywhere remotely close to their MS-20, mini or M12. The filters in Pigments sound like *****. Worse than ***** compared to anything U-He, or Serum, or Knif Audio, or Massive X, or hell even Omnisphere, although Omnisphere's filter options are absurdly deep.

If you want to test how bad it sounds - build a simple saw bass patch in Pigments. Then build one in Repro-1. There is no reason to use Pigments for literally any synth purpose, unless it's the only synth one has, and it's just for very average jack-of-all-trades utility sounds. Which seems to be what it's made for. 

To each his own. I'm not buying a whole synth an attempt to tryvand convince you of something you clearly shave your mind made up on. I did once grab a wave cycle from serum and made a simple patch and I couldn't tell the difference. Sorry for your experience.

8 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

Purchased.

I don't need more sounds, but Arturia never seems to discount more than 50%, except with these bundle offers. If there are secret codes that will let me get 10 bundles for the price of 1 though, let me know. 

You have to go outside of Arturia's shop since there plenty of 3rd party presets.