Overloud Go TH-U Premium. 45% OFF Lifetime license

cclarry

12 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Got AmpliTube, Kuassa, and a whole load of other amp sims. This is going for $142 or something in JRR with GROUP/ FORUM code. Anyone convince me?

Think of TH-U as a great pedalboard, once you find the sounds you use it's enough, the captures sound great and there are plenty of pedals. Your CPU load is minimal. I use this and for some sounds I use Tonex. As always, it all depends on what you do and what you want to do.

Edited by charliex

Just now, charliex said:

Think of TH-U as a great pedalboard, once you find the sounds you use it's enough, the captures sound great and there are plenty of pedals. Your CPU load is minimal. I use this and for some sounds I use Tonex. As always, it all depends on what you do and what you want to do.

Thanks. Question I’m really asking is can I already do all of that Th-u does with the many plugins I already have?

18 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Thanks. Question I’m really asking is can I already do all of that Th-u does with the many plugins I already have?

If you're making the job with your actually settingsIf you're make the job with your actually settings no need any else. All others are whim, and we have enough of that 😅 ... 

Edited by charliex

TH-U will always have a spot in projects here - the sounds are good/great, the layout is simple, it's extremely flexible, and that CPU usage is barely noticeable.  There's really not a lot it can't do.  If Helix had the interface of TH-U, I would stop looking for amp sims now.  As it is, Helix provides great tones but is uninspiring to me.  TH-U is so easy to pull on a track and do 90 of what Helix does, with a fraction of the CPU.  At half off, it's a pretty good deal.  Plus you get Supercabinet and the ability to use Rig Models.  I quit the Rig Model rabbit hole because it was getting ridiculous and I couldn't trial the rigs, which would cut down on the ones I didn't end up liking.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Have they ever had some super duper bundle with all the packs?

I've never seen this. Kuassa gives you all future releases when you have bought into A360. As I am no guitarist, but have some folks with a guitar over from time to time, Kuassa was my choice. Pay once, keeps on giving. And I am constantly hearing good things about what A360 does. 

2 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Yeah. I’ve got all the Kuassa stuff. Th-u stuff sounds great but I don’t want to buy into a new ecosystem with packs and IRs. 

And to be honest, I was very surprised when they started adding new stuff to my account. Didn't have this on my radar. The only other investment in guitar stuff was Ownhammer IRs ... and half a dozen Audio Assault cheapos. 

For the most part everything I buy is with the intention of putting my guitar through it. Of all the amp sims I have  I actually have to admit that Electrum has a really nice tone which I didn't expect. Shreddage XTC was also surprisingly nice.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

TH-U is so easy to pull on a track and do 90 of what Helix does, with a fraction of the CPU.  At half off, it's a pretty good deal.  Plus you get Supercabinet and the ability to use Rig Models.  I quit the Rig Model rabbit hole because it was getting ridiculous and I couldn't trial the rigs, which would cut down on the ones I didn't end up liking.

Trialing the rig libraries is quick and straightforward, but it's not particularly generous: 24 hours, twice per year. Also, you don't need TH-U full to use rigs anymore, since TH-U Essential is freely available. To my ears, the rig libraries are where TH-U shines, but I agree, it is a rabbit hole... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Trialing the rig libraries is quick and straightforward, but it's not particularly generous: 24 hours, twice per year. Also, you don't need TH-U full to use rigs anymore, since TH-U Essential is freely available. To my ears, the rig libraries are where TH-U shines, but I agree, it is a rabbit hole... 

Hmm...you need to purchase a library to get it though right?

4 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Hmm...you need to purchase a library to get it though right?

If you're just starting out with Overloud, it's really worth demo-ing extensively to figure out what you're interested in. I think in terms of spending wisely, there are two main paths: 

1. You like one/all of the main TH-U packs. In this case, it's likely worth getting TH-U premium from the start, during a good sale. You'll have an extensive and flexible collection at your disposal, then you can add a few rig libraries or discounted expansion packs, if needed. TIP to save $20: get RockGuy + TH-U upgrade (from any TH-U edition, RockGuy counts) instead of TH-U Premium ($149 instead of $169, current sale prices, and that's without the jrrshop discount codes 😌). 

2. You are SURE you're mainly just interested in rig libraries. In this case, you can get tremendous value out of using TH-U  Essentials and your favorite rig libraries. With some rig libraries (e.g. BM, some BHS) or fx (RockGuy) you also get extra effects pedals or functionality normally restricted to paid TH-U versions (e.g. Amp Tweaks).  

If you go with 1., things are simple. 2. is more... a la carte, and can help you save a bit of money (compared to getting TH-U Premium + rig libraries), but is risky: if you later start getting bits that are included in the premium version (e.g. RockGuy, SuperCabinet) or are discounted for premium users (current and future expansion packs) you can easily end up at a point where you'd have been better off going with 1. from the beginning. Trust me on this, I've done the math, but more importantly, I'm a certified expert in making things more complicated and time-consuming for what is often, at best, a saving of a few $. Needless to say, I'm on the second path. 🤕 😅

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Got AmpliTube, Kuassa, and a whole load of other amp sims. This is going for $142 or something in JRR with GROUP/ FORUM code. Anyone convince me?

TH-U, all the standard stuff, ie not Rig libraries, or SuperCabinet stuff, sucks sewer water through a straw.

The Rigs can be ok, but do yourself a favour and get TONEX MAX, and then stock up on amalgam Audio Captures, your searching days are over, at least until something betters TONEX.

The only reason TH-U gets fired up here is to be used as an IR Loader with SuperCabinet, the Jensens are very nice, and a few others, thats all I use TH-U for.

There is a special on now (I think it's still on) where you buy Amplitube 5 MAX and get TONEX MAX for free, forget the price, $199 I think, you can drop that down by 30% if you have enough Jam Points. Yeah I know you have Amplitube, that's beside the point, you are getting Amp5 MAX and TONEX MAX, and depending on how you got your other Amplitube you may be able to sell it.

Just my opinion of course. Happy hunting.

Edited by Artie Choke