muiltiple synth in one Kontakt change the setting simultaneously problem

董寅清

Hello ,everyone! I am a newbie for cakewalk. 

Yesterday I bought kontakt factory library 2 for my cakewalk. I came across a weird glitch when I loaded two synth in one kontakt the knob in each synth changed simultaneously. Link the picture below. When I changed the "sound"  knob in synth 1, the knob in synth 2 changed as well. 

So I am not enable to set different sound setting separately. It's very annoying.

However, it works very normally in protools though. The glitch only happens in cakewalk. But I love cakewalk, I don't want to move to protools.

380506328_Screenshot2023-06-29195559.jpg.082fa39dc03020d837ab52cd59943a98.jpg

Edited by 董寅清

1 hour ago, reginaldStjohn said:

I am not sure what the picture in your post is meant to show us?  In kontakt if you load 2 separate instruments they come up in the same UI but one under the other.  Is this what you see?  Can you send a picture of the Kontakt window with the two synths loaded?

I literally loaded two instruments in same UI. This picture means when I change the knob in one instrument to the value  maybe 30, the knob in the other instrument automatically changes to 30 too. 

Edited by 董寅清

26 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

Make sure that both instruments in the rack are not on the same MIDI channel.

Do you mean the midi channel which be called "[A]1"or "[A]2"in the picture? If so I am very sure that each instrument used the different midi channel .712800290_Screenshot2023-06-30042059.jpg.4b8fe9946a760bea80395c3cb068267c.jpg

Edited by 董寅清

1 hour ago, Byron Dickens said:

I suggest perusing the documentation for both Kontakt and Cakewalk. Everything works perfectly when set up correctly.

Yours is almost certainly a routing issue.

I do think there may be some wrong setting. But I can't address which problem is involved. I freshly installed cakewalk and left all the settings in default. That's why I called for help.

I tried several different Kontakt instruments, standalones and combinations from the Factory Selection and I can't reproduce the issue, even intentionally.
I've tried with the same Midi channel, assigned the controls via Midi Learn... nothing makes two controls in two instances of an instrument move together.
I think we'll need to know the exact instrument you're using. It may be something specific to a particular NKI ( in Kontakt Factory Library 2, which I don't have so I can't test).

12 minutes ago, Variorum said:

I tried several different Kontakt instruments, standalones and combinations from the Factory Selection and I can't reproduce the issue, even intentionally.
I've tried with the same Midi channel, assigned the controls via Midi Learn... nothing makes two controls in two instances of an instrument move together.
I think we'll need to know the exact instrument you're using. It may be something specific to a particular NKI ( in Kontakt Factory Library 2, which I don't have so I can't test).

I tried lots of instruments in "synth" category. Every of them has this issue. But not each control in them,just the controls as I marked in below.

The A/B control works fine withou issue .It's wierd.

Need to mention that in other DAWs the controls don't change together. So I came here but not the Native Instruments forum.

756569313_Screenshot2023-06-30050730.jpg.6b9b1e8f4617eb260b9b968e34807082.jpg

Edited by 董寅清