New from Osterhouse Sounds - Sea Sampler and Cell Sampler (33% off)

cclarry

A creative tool for generating textures

• Drop in your Samples - The Sea Sampler will analyze and automap them, creating an Object
• Manipulate Objects - drag in their center to move them, or drag on edges to resize. You can also remove them by making them very small
• Spawn Fish - Each pitch you play spawns a different color fish. The fish's starting speed depends on how hard you play. When fish collide with objects, the object's sample gets triggered, whatever pitch the fish is. The faster the fish, the louder it will be.
• Emitter - This is where fish spawn from. When you drag it around, it will attract the fish. The faster it is moved, the more the fish will be attracted. Note that if you turn down Visual Range, the fish further away won’t be able to see the emitter.
• Pedal - Hold down the Pedal to keep fish alive even after you have let go of the key
• Pitchwheel - Speed up or slow down the boid simulation’s framerate using the Pitchwheel
• Max Fish Control - This controls how many fish there can be at once. Once the limit is reached, the oldest fish are replaced by the new ones
• Modwheel - The higher you put the Modwheel, the more often fish will emit
• Expression (CC 11) - Move Expression to twirl the emitter in a circle
• Change the sound of objects by changing their pitch, filtering them, sending them to different reverbs, or enveloping them.

** Existing Osterhouse Sounds customers can get an additional 10% off. Check your inbox for your discount code arriving soon.

$20.01

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kontakt-instruments/ben-osterhouse/sea-sampler

Cell Sampler

Creative Chaos

Drop samples into the grid, then set off chain reactions of cells with your keyboard.

** Existing Osterhouse Sounds customers can get an additional 10% off. Check your inbox for your discount code arriving soon.

$20.01

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kontakt-instruments/ben-osterhouse/cell-sampler

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

These two tools do look interesting. I own several of Ben's string libraries and greatly enjoy each of them -- I really wish he'd do a straight solo cello library. But these two tools are quite a departure from his string libraries I own-- and creatively,  I think that's great even though they don't immediately appeal to me. 

For anyone who hasn't purchased any of Ben's libraries , I can enthusiastically recommend them (note: they all require the full version of KONTAKT) except for .Pathfinder Violin and Pathfinder Cello, which are NKS instruments and play in the free Kontakt Player. 

EDIT: I didn't realize that two of Ben's libraries play in the free KONTAKT Player until Reid pointed it out below. Fixed. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 6/11/2023 at 12:27 AM, PavlovsCat said:

For anyone who hasn't purchased any of Ben's libraries , I can enthusiastically recommend them (note: they all require the full version of KONTAKT). 

That is largely true, but Pathfinder Violin and Pathfinder Cello are NKS instruments and play in the free Kontakt Player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

That is largely true, but Pathfinder Violin and Pathfinder Cello are NKS instruments and play in the free Kontakt Player. 

Oops. I didn't realize that. I'll correct my post. 

I don't own those two, but have been interested in them.  What do you think of them?

Edited by PavlovsCat

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't own those two, but have been interested in them.  What do you think of them?

I have the Pathfinder Cello and it's one of my favorite among Ben's libraries.    

I didn't buy the violin, but that's because of $$, not because I didn't want it.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I have the Pathfinder Cello and it's one of my favorite among Ben's libraries.    

I didn't buy the violin, but that's because of $$, not because I didn't want it.

Thanks for sharing that opinion. I know, like me that you really like Ben's libraries, so calling it a favorite is high praise and gets my attention. I have contemplated buying Pathfinder Cello in past sales and will probably pick it up next time it goes on sale.  I've really enjoyed all of Ben's libraries I've bought to date (which, I'm not sure offhand, but is probably around 5 libraries).