Listening to this now

Mesh

Today is the 250th Anniversary of Beethoven's baptism. There is no record of his birth, but it was probably on the 16th according to the custom of the day.

So to celebrate, my two favorites Beethoven Symphonies #4 and #7. Both conducted by George Szell.

I know most people seem to like #5 and #9 the best. I think #5 has a great first movement and then pedestrian and #9 is IMO pretty harmonically dull. Great in their day as they broke ice, but I think 4 & 7 are the ones that stood up to the test of time.

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

I accidentally ended up watching  some Miley Cyrus earlier.  What can I say but ...

... nice legs.

Edited by Wibbles

Massive Attack + Liz Fraser + Mad Professor = Not too shabby

Somewhere along the line I acquired a copy of the multitracks of the original version. I always meant to have a play around with them but I'm not sure the vocal would fit an Old Skool Acid wobbler.

Edited by Wibbles
Typo
  • Like 2

While on the subject of Lambert, Hendricks and Ross: Jon Hendricks could spit out fast lyrics and still make them understandable better than anyone else I know of.

Originally by Claude Cloud and His Thunderclaps, Jon added the words to the melody and ad-libs.

Cloudbusrst - Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross