I Bought a New Mixer

bitflipper

Some of you older guys might remember ordering X-Ray Specs from the back of a comic book...remember how you'd check the mailbox every day but it took so long to arrive that by the time it got there you'd forgotten ordering it?

Well, that's how I'm feeling right now. After much research and deliberation, I bit the bullet and ordered this fancy little digital mixer. Unfortunately, it's back ordered and Sweetwater will only say it'll be "a few months".

9" touch screen. 18 inputs, 8 aux outs, parametric EQ, compressors and gates on every channel and every output. 8 reverbs, 4 delays, plus the usual chorus, etc. Patch anything to anything. DAW controls and full MIDI control. Motorized faders, 200 scenes, Dante-ready should I ever need it. All in a tiny (12.6" x 18") package, same size as the little MG12UX analog mixer I'm using now.

Yeh, the whole thing's overkill but hey, I'm old - and well, like they say, you can't take it with you. So f*k it, I'm gonna enjoy my golden years with awesome toys.

DM3S-large.jpg.auto.webp

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Some of you older guys might remember ordering X-Ray Specs from the back of a comic book...remember how you'd check the mailbox every day but it took so long to arrive that by the time it got there you'd forgotten ordering it?

Well, that's how I'm feeling right now. After much research and deliberation, I bit the bullet and ordered this fancy little digital mixer. Unfortunately, it's back ordered and Sweetwater will only say it'll be "a few months".

9" touch screen. 18 inputs, 8 aux outs, parametric EQ, compressors and gates on every channel and every output. 8 reverbs, 4 delays, plus the usual chorus, etc. Patch anything to anything. DAW controls and full MIDI control. Motorized faders, 200 scenes, Dante-ready should I ever need it. All in a tiny (12.6" x 18") package, same size as the little MG12UX analog mixer I'm using now.

Yeh, the whole thing's overkill but hey, I'm old - and well, like they say, you can't take it with you. So f*k it, I'm gonna enjoy my golden years with awesome toys.

DM3S-large.jpg.auto.webp

Looks like there's noting on channel juan. Prolly my bazz track. Typical.

• Haha 2