time now indicator not scrolling

John Balich

Question

4 answers to this question

Sorry, I don't know how to fix what you are describing.  You are saying that the now time scrolls but it not smooth and goes in spurts right?  Could be a graphics issue or a CPU or Hardrive load issue.

Can you create a new empty project, jut put in a single audio file or midi instrument and see if it plays back smooth or does it do the same thing?

That sounds like you've put Cakewalk into CPU throttle mode, which restricts screen UI updates to once per second to give more CPU to the audio engine.

The Pause button (usually next to Print Screen and Scroll Lock buttons) toggles this mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/16/2023 at 3:16 PM, msmcleod said:

That sounds like you've put Cakewalk into CPU throttle mode, which restricts screen UI updates to once per second to give more CPU to the audio engine.

The Pause button (usually next to Print Screen and Scroll Lock buttons) toggles this mode.

I am looking at trying to capture the Piano Roll Scrolling to try and do a video capture of it.
I can get the Scroll lock function to work but the piano roll instead of scrolling per se,  jumps to the next page instead of something like a flowing piano roll.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Simeon