midi input track assignment keeps changing

I have a basic .cwt that is my default setup when starting a new project.  But the last 6 months or so most every time I load it up all the midi tracks have been reset from All External Inputs Midi Omni or None to one of the available midi devices in the system.  I have to physically change every midi track back to "None" to get them to work again.  Why is this happening??

Thanks.

Hey, Ol Pal, sometimes when things like this happen, it's a Workspace setting.
Open your Basic template, set it like you want and then save it to whatever Workspace is showing. I don't know if Workspace and Templates work together like that, but might be worth a try.

Welp...I guess I need to be hipped to "Workspace" as I have no clue what that is...although I do see that word in the upper right hand corner.

This also probably explains why my default template quit working and I had to go to a regular cwt project file.

What's Workspace?

(EDIT...I meant, of course "cwp" file)

Edited by Steve Patrick

Workspaces don’t set or save ins and outs. Those are per project settings. Workspaces are global to all projects and  if set to none can be totally ignored.  
They are used to save you screen layout including what features are showing their widgets like the control bar stuff.  I only have 2. One for using one monitor and one for using two. 
But you can get fancy and have saved layouts for anything possible.  
The dumb thing is instead of none or advanced they set the default to Basic which sucks because it hides a lot of features. 

Back to the OP midi inputs will reset if any changes are made to which devices are connected. I make sure to always have devices connected before starting.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

That's probably the reason...and thanks for the tip...as my keyboard controller is in a drawer under my workspace and I'm constantly forgetting to turn it on before firing up Cake to work on something.  Then, when I need to use it to record something I turn it on and get prompted to add it back to the midi devices by Cake.

• Like 1