Display lag

Billy86

Hoping for a solution for the issue in the accompanying image. Granted, I have quite a few plugins going on this nearly completed mix, but the computer isn’t choking/stuttering at all.  I have a fairly hefty computer i9/9900 with all SSDs. I’m wondering if I can somehow offload the video rendering aspect by some adjustment to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, which has GPU function? 
Don’t know. Shooting in the dark a bit. But it’s really hard trying to tweak Superior Drummer 3 in the Grid Manager when the playhead doesn’t line up with the actual beat that’s playing. 

SD3.jpg

Another possible explanation: if you have inserted at some point in the audio chain a  "look ahead" plugin like EQ or Limiter (like Adaptive Limiter or LP EQ), you can experience this lack of sync. 

It happened to me once, and just turning off the plugin make it work fine again.

22 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

Another possible explanation: if you have inserted at some point in the audio chain a  "look ahead" plugin like EQ or Limiter (like Adaptive Limiter or LP EQ), you can experience this lack of sync. 

It happened to me once, and just turning off the plugin make it work fine again.

Thanks. Lots of EQ going on. Mostly Waves SSL plugins. SSL mix bus compressor for glue. No limiter at this point. 

36 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Thanks. Lots of EQ going on. Mostly Waves SSL plugins. SSL mix bus compressor for glue. No limiter at this point. 

I definitely would check that the EQ plugin is not causing the delay. You could temporarily bypass it, or, as other user suggested, bypass all Fx, to make sure some of them are not interfering. Check the Mix Module. See pic.

Screenshot_1.png

31 minutes ago, Byron Dickens said:

Another good reason to leave off the processing and effects until mixing.

Exactly but sometimes you come up with adding a new track or like in this case are still editing midi. I always bypass all effects before proceeding.  Most effects are more or less harmless but especially mastering effects and well known CPU hogs live Waves and Isotope will cause lagging.