Can PRV piano keys be color coded?

Billy86

I have a bunch of native instruments the VSTi. It would be helpful to color code the PRV keys to replicate keyswitches etc. as native instruments S line of keyboards are keyed with colors. Make sense?

Why not just use articulation maps?  Key switches are exactly what they were designed for.

Also, there's no way for Cakewalk to know what keys match what instrument.  Even if you based the keys/colours on the articulation map definitions, there's still no way for the the PRV to know which articulation map to pick, as 1. you could have many articulation maps in your project, and 2. you could have more than one articulation map defined for the same VSTi.

If you've recorded key switches by playing them in real time, you can easily convert them to articulations by adding the articulation map to the project then right clicking on the articulation lane header and choosing "Extract Keyswitch Articulations".

If you want to turn articulations back into notes, select "Apply Group 'xxxx' Articulations to Track" or "Apply All Articulations To Track" from the same context menu.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:30 AM, msmcleod said:

If you've recorded key switches by playing them in real time, you can easily convert them to articulations by adding the articulation map to the project then right clicking on the articulation lane header and choosing "Extract Keyswitch Articulations".

I never knew this either! And I rely on artmaps for nearly everything I print.