Loopcloud Studio Annual Pass $59

Fleer

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I guess I’m mostly looking for so-called multi-samples covering the entire keyboard. 

They include multisample instruments, but often with no mapping, so just the spread of samples. I can't remember if you can search for that, but when I used it, I would normally filter to One Shots and not loops and they came up in there anyway.

But sometimes I would download a multi of a bass, or pluck, or something. I'm not sure if I have ever used any in a track though, as I still always reach for a synth, but I had credits to use and I'll probably stumble across them down the track and use them!

Edited by MusicMan
  • Thanks 1

For the uninitiated :D

whatever plan you sub to you get monthly points that can be used to buy individual loops/samples or sample packs. At the moment i have amassed 9947 points so must make good inroads to getting a load of stuff :D

You also get a daily FREE SOUNDS thing that resets every 24 hrs. So outside of your points you can download 25 samples daily to add to your collection 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:37 PM, dubdisciple said:

Not sure if you have been keeping up, but Ai can now identify one shots and very talented creators like Venus Theory have been flagged. We are no longer talking about hacks who lazily loop as is. You can chop and flip anyway you want and still be flagged. 

First, it's not AI. It's just data processing. And very dumb / unsophisticated data processing at that. These are human programmed algorithms that don't self learn and have to be told what to do. AI is a bullshit corporate term to make people buy stuff and make stocks go up because people are gullible and like Terminator movies.

"One shots" - as in a cymbal crash? Or one shots as in a 10 second vocal hook? One shots can mean anything. Define examples.

If an "AI"  algorithm is flagging stuff that would be difficult to copyright in and of itself (i.e. a relatively generic drum one shot) then the algorithm is broken and should be tossed in the trash. And maybe that's the case, but I have a hard time believing that multiple artists are getting flagged for using something other than unedited melodic or rhythmic sounds.

Although - considering the loop licenses, that should still be fine as long as the loops are incorporated into a larger piece of work. And if those are still getting flagged then yes, that's a huge problem, and entirely the fault of these platforms (i.e. Youtube), since the user has the legal right to use them and should not lose ad revenue because of Youtube's (or adsense or adrev, etc.) crappy algorithm.

However - this seems like a solvable problem, by having these algorithms "learn" the vast database of sample libraries (updated regularly), and exclude all those samples from content flagging.

Having said all that - you've totally changed my mind (and watched a couple Youtube videos on the subject) - this does seem like a major problem. I agree. I was wrong. This needs to be fixed.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

First, it's not AI. It's just data processing. And very dumb / unsophisticated data processing at that. These are human programmed algorithms that don't self learn and have to be told what to do. AI is a bullshit corporate term to make people buy stuff and make stocks go up because people are gullible and like Terminator movies.

"One shots" - as in a cymbal crash? Or one shots as in a 10 second vocal hook? One shots can mean anything. Define examples.

If an "AI"  algorithm is flagging stuff that would be difficult to copyright in and of itself (i.e. a relatively generic drum one shot) then the algorithm is broken and should be tossed in the trash. And maybe that's the case, but I have a hard time believing that multiple artists are getting flagged for using something other than unedited melodic or rhythmic sounds.

Although - considering the loop licenses, that should still be fine as long as the loops are incorporated into a larger piece of work. And if those are still getting flagged then yes, that's a huge problem, and entirely the fault of these platforms (i.e. Youtube), since the user has the legal right to use them and should not lose ad revenue because of Youtube's (or adsense or adrev, etc.) crappy algorithm.

However - this seems like a solvable problem, by having these algorithms "learn" the vast database of sample libraries (updated regularly), and exclude all those samples from content flagging.

Having said all that - you've totally changed my mind (and watched a couple Youtube videos on the subject) - this does seem like a major problem. I agree. I was wrong. This needs to be fixed.

I hope you didn't get the impression I was arguing about it. More like food for thought. I wasn't even trying to get you to change your mind. Just things to consider.  I didn't see this as a right or wrong issue. I also apologize for being lazy in my wording. "AI" is not so much the problem as the abuse of it is. Youtube's reporting system is broken and people are using ai to identify songs they used same(licensed) sample for .  I agree a lot of these problems are solvable.  One way to fix some of these issues is for companies that sell sample packs to do a better job of making sure companies are not simply processing same samples and reselling them.  I'm sure most of us have countless copies of the same drum samples with slightly different processing and renamed.

• Like 1