Live jam Dirty Housemusic

Nick Blanc

So, I'm having fun, I found some samples of dirty basslines, mainly dubstep. So I thougt, well hold on, I have a MS-20 mini and a Malevolent, I can do better! And boy did they deliver.

That Malevolent is just a box of evil and grit. When you thought it couldn't get dirtier than a resonance filled patch on the MS-20 mini, you haven't had a go with the Malevolent. There is a very fine line between 'great' and 'oh my god what is this'. At one point I cut out almost everything audible, by accident. but the spectrum analyzer goes crazy. It was the difference of 1 mm on the position of the cutoff knob. Insane.

Anyway, enjoy. It's maybe not what people on this forum are particularly interested in, but I like it. This is maybe more of a sounddesign showcase.

13 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I'm not familiar with the Malevolent synth (great name) but I have a couple of software MS-20's that I really like. Been thinking of getting a mini like you have. Nice demo.
-Bjorn

I was worried that the MS-20 and the Malevolent would have a lot of overlap, but although they have a similar purpose, they sound so different. I didn't regret getting either one.

3 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Groovy man! I'm not a synth guy and I have no idea how you get all those sounds out of those boxes, it's all magic to me, but I like it. The quality of the sound is first rate. I do like the vocal break quite a lot.

Thank you! To be fair, the Malevolent is a bit magical.