New VST Buzz Deals!

cclarry

82% off "Hotpot EP1" by Goldbaby (€9)
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/82-off-hotpot-ep1-by-goldbaby/

82% off "Epic Sound Lab Bundle" by Epic Sound Lab (€49) 
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/82-off-epic-sound-lab-bundle-by-epic-sound-lab/

90% off "Sound Design Cinematic Bundle" by Zero-G (€29) 
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/90-off-sound-design-cinematic-bundle-zero-g/

50% off "Discovery 5.3" by discoDSP (€49)
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-discovery-by-discodsp/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for sharing this Larry -- you're the man! I've actually unsubscribed from a bunch of emails because my inbox is overfilled and you do a great job of keeping us all up on deals! I checked out the Goldbaby samples demos and I think I'm going to pull the trigger later today. That dev really knows how to put together cool kits, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

Just a reminder, this forum is largely powered by cclarry.  If you're buying from VST Buzz, Larry has an affiliate link in his signature (at the bottom of his posts). I picked up the Goldbaby library last night. After running through it, I liked it, but didn't love it. I'd give it a 7.5/10. 

EDIT: After going through the libraries again, I would revise that rating to an 8.5/10. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just a reminder, this forum is largely powered by cclarry.  If you're buying from VST Buzz, Larry has an affiliate link in his signature (at the bottom of his posts). I picked up the Goldbaby library last night. After running through it, I liked it, but didn't love it. I'd give it a 7.5/10. 

If I may ask: Which similar products do you love?

12 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

If I may ask: Which similar products do you love?

Of course, this is all very subjective. Goldbaby does have libraries I love, there are even Battery factory kits I love like the Amber Kit, Baracuda Kit, Beatroom Kit... (Okay, I just popped open Battery to see the libraries I starred). But off hand, I have so many libraries on my hard drive, I can't recall any specific packages at the moment, but I do find Goldbaby excellent and there's another developer I have a bunch of libraries from I also find excellent (but I can't recall all of their names offhand, but developers who make similar libraries that I really like include Wave Alchemy, Samples from Mars, etc. -- there's a developer of these kinds of libraries that's really good who contacted me for branding and marketing advice a decade ago who makes really good similar libraries and unfortunately I can't remember the name at the moment). Again though, everyone's tastes are different and I'm mostly doing rock, so if you're doing hip hop or EDM, you're likely to have very different criteria from me (even though I like a lot of different styles,  I'm not making music in those styles and would make different choices if I were). 

After going through the libraries a second time, I ended up revising my rating of this package to an 8.5/10. There are definitely some kits in the package that I will end up using and the sale price I picked it up for was superb. In this case, what happened is that I really liked some of the demos for the package, however, the demos include both loops and drum kits. Goldbaby doesn't specify whether a demo is using say a Battery drum kit or a loop and what I found is that the demos with the drums I liked best used loops, so those sounds weren't available as Battery drum kits (the format I use).  I'm looking for drum kits I can play. There were 7 Goldbaby drum kits in the package that I really like:: WooWooWoo, TryLayeringKit, ThePocketOpp, Mr.Ludwig, MoreHardTimes, FutureBab and 301Box. So, for the price, that's pretty nice. I certainly don't regret my purchase and I will certainly buy additional Goldbaby libraries in the future. They are a top notch developer in this space. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Thanks,  @PavlovsCat. Icwas just asking because I am currently building my own standard library and am looking for advice.  I have nearly all Samples from Mars,  too.  Goldbaby stuff is excellent in my opinion,  so I picked it up for the sale price.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Thanks,  @PavlovsCat. Icwas just asking because I am currently building my own standard library and am looking for advice.  I have nearly all Samples from Mars,  too.  Goldbaby stuff is excellent in my opinion,  so I picked it up for the sale price.  

It's also significant to note that I'm a former rock drummer who mostly records rock songs these days as a hobbyist as I think my mostly doing rock music is a big factor in my preferences for these kits. While as a drummer, I mostly did rock, but also played R&B, hip hop, jazz, fusion, dance, funk and country, I'm really looking for drum kits that would work with my rock-based productions.  Bedroom Producer's Blog has some very useful recommendations and can't point you toward some very good developers and freebies that will give you a taste of a developer's quality of work: 

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2021/07/02/free-drum-kits/