Softube Active Passive EQ Pack. Save 87%

MrFigg

Yep, for anyone using Cakewalk the thing with the Softube Passive-Active Pack is that it includes ProChannel-modules. There is one problem though; as far as I know the last Softube installer that worked with ProChannel was version 2.5.46 from June 2022. Later versions unfortunately make Cakewalk crash. Softube has acknowledged the problem, but have yet to come up with a solution.

Of course, it’s possible to run the latest Softube installer and have the VST3 version of the three plugins being installed, and then manually copy the VST2 version 2.5.46 back to the plugin folder (provided you have the plugins safely stored away in some backup folder). ProChannel currently only supports VST2.

I don’t have the Passive-Active Pack, but I do have Softube FET Compressor which also has support for ProChannel. It also shares the same problem, so after every Softube update I have to overwrite the latest version of the VST2 with version 2.5.46. Bummer, but it works.

• Like 1

This is the cheapest price I have ever seen so I bought it!

After installing the plugin, the ProChannel version didn't work so I tried this version (v2.5.39.0) instead.

I installed it to a different directory and then moved the Softube folder that contains vst2 dlls to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

It seems the installer overwrites vst3 files so you could temporarily remove the vst3 dll files to somewhere.

(I didn't do that so my VST3 files are v2.5.39.0 and VST2 files arev2.5.58.0...)

https://www.softube.com/installer-windows

Also I didn't test them that much yet but it seems working.

Edited by Quick Math
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Quick Math said:

It seems the installer overwrites vst3 files so you could temporarily remove the vst3 dll files to somewhere.

(I didn't do that so my VST3 files are v2.5.39.0 and VST2 files arev2.5.58.0...)

I think you can safely let Softube Central install the VST3 version without any further actions. As I said in my previous post, the VST3 version has nothing to do with ProChannel. The only thing you have to make sure is that a working VST2 version is restored after each Softube update.

At this price I’m seriously considering buying Passive-Active Pack myself, but the deal lasts until April 12th so I have a few remaining days to think. Should I buy it, the only Softube ProChannel module I’ll be missing is the TSAR-1R Reverb. Until that one turns up with a big discount, of course.

Edited by Canopus
Edit: Installed!

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

At this price I’m seriously considering buying Passive-Active Pack myself, but the deal lasts until April 12th so I have a few remaining days to think. Should I buy it, the only Softube ProChannel module I’ll be missing is the TSAR-1R Reverb. Until that one turns up with a big discount, of course.

Same, TSAR-1R is the only ProChannel I don't own. TSAR-1R usually goes as low as $39 but I hope it goes lower than that. Untill then I will wait.