[Solved]!How To Make Export Complete Dialog Fade!

Keni

OK... This is starting to feel like a twilight zone episode. Everyone is responding to me as though I'm crazy, but I remember it clearly and it's working on my old machine! So somehow I applied the command that changes the behavior.

I've searched both ini files and I can't figure out which (if any) addressed this. I'm fairly certain it was Morten, no Noel who delivered it to us near the end of 2022.2 (2022.9?) testing when the new export dialog was introduced.

I've searched the Early release forums as well as I can and I can't seem to find it.

Please. Someone remind me of how to do this. The problem was being forced to click the toast message to remove it, so a setting was given us so that it would fade instead.

Please?

Edited by Keni

2 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I remember this setting was implemented for System Toasts, like updates availables, or other tasks... but not for the export toast. If I recall, there was a huge debate about it! But the toast stayed as it is.

Thanks Andres...

This is amazing! I'm a little "scared"... On my old daw, the toast fades after a few seconds. I specifically remember (I believe it was from Noel, but it could have been Morten). Gave us an ini command to add to the ini file. I keep trying to spot it and as of many hours repeated searches... I still can't be sure. I've seen some differences between the two ini files (old and new), but they don't seem to apply.

Could I really be losing it THAT badly? Have I been unconsciously clicking on it all this time and convincing myself it's been fading out? I guess it's possible, but somehow I don't think I'm that far gone yet...

Someone else must have implemented it other than me. I can't believe that of all the others who wanted this that I would be the only one who used it?

Sleep isn't gonna be so good tonight...

1 hour ago, Tim Elmore said:

You mentioned that it is still working on your old machine. Why not make a video of the Export Toast fading? That would end the debate over whether or not it is actually happening.

Thanks!

Nice idea. Could you point me to info on how to capture video of screen portion? I’ve not done that before. That machine is locked with win8.1

I truly am beginning to question my sanity.

I remember doing the edit and even needing to go back and fix a typo! ...and I export constantly! My workflow is in shock from the return of this... and to make is more difficult, my old daw is awaiting a replacement interface as I re-purposed my Audiobox 1818vsl to my new DAW. So that machine is only using the realtek driver for the moment, so I’m not sure what to expect...

12 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Bam!

Outstanding!

Thank you, m'Lord! 🙏

I'm so relieved I can’t tell you. I’ve been searching the closed forums but didn’t think to try 11 as the feature appeared earlier. Next time I'll know to extend my look beyond in both directions. 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mettelus said:

reg files will add themselves to your registry when you double click them. Always be sure you know the source of the file before you activate one.

Ah, nice... I just reminded myself about the registry. I didn't think to look there where I'm sure to find it on my old DAW!

Thanks!

Relief as the toast fades quickly into the digital sunset!

Thanks you one and all who tolerated my mania with re-discovering this small but comforting issue.

...and restoring at least SOME of my faith in a little sanity!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

No, this sounds familiar to me too. Likely in an EA thread, actually.

To capture it, try something like LiceCap.

But let me go for a search now, you've dragged me down the rabbit hole now too, dammit! HAHA!

Thanks for this too Tim. I’m checking it out for future use.

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1