Restore piano part from wav file

Asato Maa

Question

Dear friends, I need help!

While working on a project, I accidentally deleted a midi piano part.  And saved the project 😭

As the project is saved on an SSD drive, it is impossible to restore the original version.  But I still have a wav file of the final render. 

Who has had a similar experience? 

Tell me, please, how can I extract the piano part from this render?  What programs are best for this?  Melodyne?

4 answers to this question

It's been a bit sketchy for me, but if you have Melodyne already you can just drag the wav clip to a MIDI track and it should convert to MIDI. Just depends on how complex the part is if editing will be needed.

Go to Help>Documentation>Using Regional FX>Melodyne>Using Melodyne>See:To convert audio to MIDI.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sjoens said:

It's been a bit sketchy for me, but if you have Melodyne already you can just drag the wav clip to a MIDI track and it should convert to MIDI. Just depends on how complex the part is if editing will be needed.

Go to Help>Documentation>Using Regional FX>Melodyne>Using Melodyne>See:To convert audio to MIDI.

Thank you very much!

The problem is solved!!! I found the old version of the project on an another disk! 🔥

• Like 1