ToneX Packs @ ToneJunkie 65% off

Brian Walton

Ok, that is the spoiler for his April Fools "pay double" sale

image.thumb.png.bac879badd6d7099bf23d7b252cbc7c7.png

Legitimate discounts if you use the code though.

I had the Trainwreck, but stocked up on the Purple Plexi, Gibson Skylark, and Ampeg 58 Rocket due to the discount.

(I'm sure it also applies to his Kemper and Helix packs...but my only interest is ToneX)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, kevin H said:

https://tonejunkiestore.com

wasnt familiar with him. Looks like packs run $20 on sale these days and using code “PAYMORE” brings them down to $7 today.  Great deal.  Thanks Brian.

Can't believe I forgot the link!  Thanks!  He has done a ton of Kemper packs and you can check out his YouTube channel to get a feel for how many amps he owns (he has also borrowed and had some temporarily to capture).  

I like packs like this because you get a good range of what the amp does and can setup presets to switch between gain levels fairly easily for pedal use.  

I think IKM didn't do as much of this approach as one might expect even in MaX, with the exception of a few pieces of gear such as a Klon where they ran quite a few different settings.

Got it!
Thanks!

Trouble is I'm running Tonex CS and it is ignoring the IR's after I select them and install them.
Also I have 6 user Tone Models installed and Tonex says I'm "full"; should be 20 user models, eh?

It's IKM; why am I not surprised...

t

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Got it!
Thanks!

Trouble is I'm running Tonex CS and it is ignoring the IR's after I select them and install them.
Also I have 6 user Tone Models installed and Tonex says I'm "full"; should be 20 user models, eh?

It's IKM; why am I not surprised...

t

Yeah they should let you load 20, so you gotta be careful there.  They recently ran the unlimited version for $50 (less with jam points) so it might be a little while before they drop it that low again.  

Don't remember what limitations were on the IRs, I caved in close to release as I what I heard was pretty good and I knew I'd want to capture stuff eventually.  Regretfully they dropped the entry tier quickly and then also released the pedal I had to get.   So it was a double purchase of sorts and can't transfer as each had a NFR due to combo with hardware.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

might be a little while before they drop it that low again

The inevitable; Death, Taxes and IKM will run a sale.
I can wait...

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

then also released the pedal I had to get

How does the pedal integrate with the computer, can you use the librarian from the computer and NOT use the pedal as an interface?
What I'm thinking is, using the pedal (coming in thru my UFX interface) when a project has swelled to the point that I can no longer track at 64 samples.
Ran an AXE FXII for a while, I'm running a Strymon right now, but I'm a "sucker" for processors and DI's.

t

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

The inevitable; Death, Taxes and IKM will run a sale.
I can wait...

How does the pedal integrate with the computer, can you use the librarian from the computer and NOT use the pedal as an interface?
What I'm thinking is, using the pedal (coming in thru my UFX interface) when a project has swelled to the point that I can no longer track at 64 samples.
Ran an AXE FXII for a while, I'm running a Strymon right now, but I'm a "sucker" for processors and DI's.

t

Yeah, I got the pedal in a large part so that I could track without running one comptuer into another computer.

You need to have the pedal plugged in for the Librarian tab (which I'm betting you can't even see).  I haven't tried running the program while open and selecting through things on the same computer I'm running an audio interface so not sure how well they play together on the same machine yet.  

I am using the pedal into a Radial JDI direct box into a different interface, but if I'm running the Librarian tab, technically I'm also conncting it to a different laptop instead of through the same computer I'm running the DAW on - but what you are asking might also be possible - just haven't tried.

• Thanks 2