Free Piano for Keyscape

bitflipper

Spectrasonics has added a new piano to the Keyscape library, one with extra-thick felt on the hammers to give a muted, mellow tone.

It's a free update for Keyscape users. To get it, start up Keyscape and click the "Get Update" button on the splash screen.

[EDIT] 

I just tried it but it said I'm already up-to-date and did not display the update button. Didn't this happen the last time there was an update?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

I just tried it but it said I'm already up-to-date and did not display the update button. Didn't this happen the last time there was an update?

Every friggen time.

You have to run it twice to show updates or results from having updated.
You run it, it downloads the data, you run it again and it processes the previously downloaded data and shows the results.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

iirc, the last time this happened - not being able to update - it was with Omnisphere. After several attempts, the update button just suddenly appeared the next day. 

I have to wonder if they aren't purposefully throttling downloads to avoid the expense of adding hosting capacity to accommodate a big rush of requests.

Now this is weird and feels like a bug.

I went to the Spectrasonics site and it clearly shows I am out of date. It says the current versions of the executable, patch library and sound sources should be version 1.5. My instance of Keyscape reports the following but still insists I am up to date:

keyscape1.png

I was able to update by bypassing the built-in updater and just downloading the install files directly from Spectrasonics.