Problem Installing Amplitube CS

I downloaded and installed Amplitube 5 CS and can't seem to get it recognized by Cakewalk. I point Cakewalk's Plug-in Manager to the folder where Amplitube is installed, and it scans it, but it doesn't show up anywhere as an installed plug-in. I created a scan log which shows that Cakewalk found the dll's in the Amplitube folders. For each dll it finds, there's a message stating "NOT a VST plug-in".  Any ideas?

Did you maybe install the AAX version by mistake? CW needs the VST. Look where it’s installed and make sure the file extension is .VST. If not, run  the installer again and make sure you’re using the VST version. I have no problem with my Amplitube 5 version. 

Ugh. Figured it out after reading Billy86's last sentence. IK calls the free version "Amplitube 5 Custom Shop", so I installed the plug-in called Custom Shop. Not sure what it does exactly, but it's not a plug-in. Installed Amplitube 5 plug-in and it works fine. Will probably upgrade to paid version since free one's selection is pretty limited.

13 minutes ago, Patrick McFadden said:

. . . Custom Shop. Not sure what it does exactly, but it's not a plug-in. Installed Amplitube 5 plug-in and it works fine. Will probably upgrade to paid version since free one's selection is pretty limited.

The free, CS versions of their products give you a handful of gear plug-ins for free, and you can purchase additional gear, collections through the Custom Shop application (as well as from the IK Website, third-party vendors, etc.).  There are also promotions where you can get gear--group buys, promotional freebies, etc.

There are lots of people in the forum that know a whole lot about IK's products and promotions.  You can learn a lot be reading some of the older threads related to IK.  

28 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

The free, CS versions of their products give you a handful of gear plug-ins for free, and you can purchase additional gear, collections through the Custom Shop application (as well as from the IK Website, third-party vendors, etc.).  There are also promotions where you can get gear--group buys, promotional freebies, etc.

There are lots of people in the forum that know a whole lot about IK's products and promotions.  You can learn a lot be reading some of the older threads related to IK.  

Also, for seriously day-by-day sales all over the digital music universe, CW has a dedicated sub-forum here, where it's all about sales. https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/34-deals/

13 minutes ago, Patrick McFadden said:

Playing around with it now. Might have to read the manual, lol.

The manual is pretty good. Just a couple hints for now:

• Do NOT bother with the "See All" settings. These settings show the full version of TH3 which is no longer available.
  • Do NOT enable the trial version of TH3. There is no upgrade path for TH3 Cakewalk anymore and enabling the trial will ultimately cause the plug-in to run in demo mode. 

2 minutes ago, scook said:

The manual is pretty good. Just a couple hints for now:

• Do NOT bother with the "See All" settings. These settings show the full version of TH3 which is no longer available.
  • Do NOT enable the trial version of TH3. There is no upgrade path for TH3 Cakewalk anymore and enabling the trial will ultimately cause the plug-in to run in demo mode. 

Thanks. Scrolling thru the TH3 presets now. Fun! Is it worth upgrading to the $50 version of Amplitube?

Amplitube is a popular ampsim. 

That said, there must be tens of products like Amplitube and many more commercially available individual ampsims made by other manufacturers. Most have demos. And then there is the sea of free ampsims not to mention the thousands of other effects that ampsims also try to emulate.

I am sure you will get a lot of opinions about different ampsims but it's your ears that need to be satisfied.