Deleting Items from Browser

Keith Wilby

Hi all, is there a way to delete items from the Browser window please? It's probably staring me in the face but I just don't see it.

I have two instances of AD2 (I moved the second one from the "Synth" folder) but the VST is installed only once.

Thanks.

EDIT: looking in the plug-in manager, there are actually two instances, one in "VST Instruments (VSTi)" and another in "VST3 Instruments (VST3i)" - have I inadvertently installed two instances?

Browser.JPG

Edited by Keith Wilby
New info

DO NOT DELETE! One is VST2 and the other VST3 (top one), as it should be.

Notice the icons are also different. (VST3 sorta resembles a 3. VST2 sorta resembles a 1/4" audio plug)

When highlighting it, the text along the bottom frame will reveal it's true identity. 

BTW, My installer is refusing to add the VST3 for some reason.

Edited by sjoens

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

You can also reorganize them by "Type" which separates VST2, VST3, DX

Or download this easier-to-read icon pack and add it to your favorite theme:

1638184041_Browser.Plug-inBrowser.Plug-inTreeIcons.png.16680c9677dd375f9d68fb69fc523b45.png

sjoens,

Not very good with Themes (other than picking them in Preferences!). Those icons are nice, but it is just an image. Not sure where I can get them or how to add them to a theme. Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Sure, just grab the image above and drag it to your desktop. Then open your favorite theme in Theme Editor. Click on Browser, then Plug-in Browser. Scroll to Plug-in Tree Icons and right click it. Select Import and navigate to the downloaded image. Select it and click Open. Save the theme and load it in Preferences.

These are also color-coded to match CbB's dropdown lists used elsewhere.

BTW you can't save the theme if it's the current theme and CbB is open. Just switch themes, save this one in Theme Editor, then switch back.

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

15 hours ago, sjoens said:

Sure, just grab the image above and drag it to your desktop. Then open your favorite theme in Theme Editor. Click on Browser, then Plug-in Browser. Scroll to Plug-in Tree Icons and right click it. Select Import and navigate to the downloaded image. Select it and click Open. Save the theme and load it in Preferences.

These are also color-coded to match CbB's dropdown lists used elsewhere.

BTW you can't save the theme if it's the current theme and CbB is open. Just switch themes, save this one in Theme Editor, then switch back.

Thanks sjoens - that worked! Someday I'll have to learn more about theme editor!