[SOLVED] Issues With Addictive Drums 2 VST3 on Win11

sjoens

Anyone else having issues?

When I installed Addictive Drums 2 VST3 on my new Windows 11 PC and tried to load it in CbB, it threw an error asking me to Enable (risky) or Disable it. I chose Enable. It wound up in the PIM Excluded list.

I contacted XLN who had me remove and reinstall the VST3. So far every attempt to reinstall it has failed. The XLN Installer says everything's up to date but the VST3 is nowhere to be seen.

When I restored the original deleted VST3 to it's folder, CbB again throws an error when scanning it. I Enable it but it doesn't show up anywhere in the PIM list.

XLN support is ongoing. SOLVED - see below.

Edited by sjoens

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I need to uninstall something that's misbehaving, I always use Revo Pro to uninstall.  It almost finds stuff in the registry that the program's uninstaller doesn't find and gives you the ability to delete those orphan entries (or not if you don't want to for some reason.:  So you might try that and see if you can then get a cleaner install.

Forgot about this thread. XLN helped resolve the issue. Turns out I requested the 32 bit version which is no longer supported. The installers are older and don't include VST3 versions. This older installation overrid the VST3 install and so it won't work.

My options are 32 bit OR VST3. Currently 32 bit wins.