IntelliScore Ensemble Audio-to-MIDI Converter - Get 10% off

Scott R. Garrigus

4 hours ago, synthmeister said:

Google does more than advertising, spyware, military support, and election interference. This is a good free piano audio to MIDI converter

https://magenta.tensorflow.org/onsets-frames

It apparently uses machine learning to discern the correlation between collections of sound recordings and the underlying MIDI file generated during each recording.  The algorithm was trained 100% with piano, I wonder how it works with other instruments. 

5 hours ago, Monomox said:

It apparently uses machine learning to discern the correlation between collections of sound recordings and the underlying MIDI file generated during each recording.  The algorithm was trained 100% with piano, I wonder how it works with other instruments. 

Probably just like any audio to midi convertor......no holy grail.  Most DAWs have them these days.  I couldn't see paying for one.

57 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Probably just like any audio to midi convertor......no holy grail.  Most DAWs have them these days.  I couldn't see paying for one.

I was talking about the Google thing, sorry I wasn't clear. I uploaded a short guitar recording and the thing went into thinking mode and never came back. Hopefully nobody realizes it was me who put it in a coma. 😄