Sylenth1 - 25% off for BF from 24th

Paul_in_wales

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

I'll agree to disagree and retract my claws (or at least switch to decaf for now).
Though the horse is dead the audience would probably appreciate that we'd stop beating on it.

Thanks Steven and I didn't mind the claws being out. I'm always open to hearing and appreciate other perspectives.

Please don't decaf on my account though.. nothing compares to real coffee for analogue warmth! 🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Haha... My ears like the sound of lots of great synths, that have all of the pros that I mentioned and Sylenth only ticks one of them 🤣

I do think Sylenth sounds nice, but there are quite a few great warm sounding synths, some old, some new. u-he, Cherry Audio, Spire, Largo, but heaps more as well, those ones just came to mind in the 5 seconds I spent thinking about warm sounds and I'm sure I have better examples than them 🙃

Ease up turbo, I was still replying to your first message 🤣

I'm not saying that Steinberg is right in VST3, I'm saying once they announced it, it didn't take too much (/any!) foresight to see that it was going to mean VST2 being deprecated, like where we're at now. There's resisting I get, but to look after the best interests of your customers, not updating by now is pretty lack lustre and those resisting now are in the minority and are losing sales because of it. So that mentality isn't customer friendly and doesn't make business sense. Not much going for it really.

And yet people expect developers to update for every Apple OS release that breaks stuff, so 14 years to not move to the current spec of VST3 isn't much to ask for. The bar is low... real low!

You come off really butthurt over this not much of a deal.  I'm like that a lot with so much stuff.  It's a synth and there's not a logical reason to go in this big tirade over it. Either buy it or don't.   We can't change how people do business. I like it for dance genres and had to buy a second license for a 3rd machine,  

I don't always evaluate a product by its updates.  I've had updates ever since I've had a license.

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

You come off really butthurt over this not much of a deal.  I'm like that a lot with so much stuff.  It's a synth and there's not a logical reason to go in this big tirade over it. Either buy it or don't.   We can't change how people do business. I like it for dance genres and had to buy a second license for a 3rd machine,  

I don't always evaluate a product by its updates.  I've had updates ever since I've had a license.

That's pretty hilarious if it comes across that way, as it really couldn't be further from the truth and I've been laughing the whole time 🤣

I could easily buy the synth if I chose too, so there's nothing to get hurt about. I'm only commenting on principle and pointing out to anyone considering it, that there are alternatives with all of those additional benefits I mentioned.

Audio tech and pricing has evolved, so what once was good value, may not be today, so hopefully that helps someone who is looking at buying a synth when weighing up options.

In terms of how people do business, we absolutely can though. Customers choices to an extent can dictate businesses in many ways.

Like Steven said though, it's all been covered and I've got a bunch of new synths and plugins I've bought to  have fun with so all good 🙂

35 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That's pretty hilarious if it comes across that way, as it really couldn't be further from the truth and I've been laughing the whole time 🤣

I could easily buy the synth if I chose too, so there's nothing to get hurt about. I'm only commenting on principle and pointing out to anyone considering it, that there are alternatives with all of those additional benefits I mentioned.

Audio tech and pricing has evolved, so what once was good value, may not be today, so hopefully that helps someone who is looking at buying a synth when weighing up options.

In terms of how people do business, we absolutely can though. Customers choices to an extent can dictate businesses in many ways.

Like Steven said though, it's all been covered and I've got a bunch of new synths and plugins I've bought to  have fun with so all good 🙂

Oh it did. Multiple replies has the appearance of butthurt.  Usually a meh will do.  I react the same way with 90% of anything I think should be discounted even more.  It's often something I wouldn't end up using anyway.

Black Friday is an American thing and some developers fail to get into the marketing.  Image Line never use to have them and they replied they were in Belguim.  Their BF sale includes free stuff and if you have all of their DAW stuff the sale freebies are not for you.  Some got butthurt and I did for about a minute when I realized the free stuff is usually something offered free at random times.  I decided to not get upset for another free UVI license, WA plugins, and some more loops.