Kiive Audio ADC1 Compressor

cclarry

Get ADC1 for ONLY $40.99 using the loyalty code below!

ADC1_LOYALTY

Use this voucher code during checkout!

Voucher ends Nov 1st, 11:59 PM EST

We just released our new plugin ADC1 Compressor / Limiter! if you're receiving this email it means that you already own a Kiive plugin and so we're giving you an exclusive discount for our new plugin. use the loyalty voucher above to get an extra $15 off compared to everyone else.

https://www.kiiveaudio.com/plugins/ADC1-Compressor-Limiter-p507604050

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I am a little intrigued how their Chandler stacks up against Softube, etc

I have both, been giving AC/DC1(that's what I call it, every time I looked at the name I saw AC?DC, so . . . ) a good working through since release and for me the Softube comes out on top, it has more balls, and you can coax to be more 'aggressive' in a nice way, it has character where for me AC/DC1 is bland and pretty much characterless. It seems to have a 'very' narrow sweet spot, not as easy to dial in. A lot depends on what you are feeding it, I feed my stuff 90% Hard/Heavy Rock, 10% a mellower rock diet.

There seems to be issues with certain things like fine control using a modifier key. Gain reduction metering is useless, seems to be just eye candy.

Problems with the headroom control affecting the dry signal with the wet/dry mix.

It has issues, still a quality product all in all, but for me not keeping pace with Softube.

I'll use it now and then, there's probably places it will shine.

just IMO, YMMV etc etc etc.

Edited by heath row
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, heath row said:

I have both, been giving AC/DC1(that's what I call it, every time I looked at the name I saw AC?DC, so . . . ) a good working through since release and for me the Softube comes out on top, it has more balls, and you can coax to be more 'aggressive' in a nice way, it has character where for me AC/DC1 is bland and pretty much characterless. It seems to have a 'very' narrow sweet spot, not as easy to dial in. A lot depends on what you are feeding it, I feed my stuff 90% Hard/Heavy Rock, 10% a mellower rock diet.

There seems to be issues with certain things like fine control using a modifier key. Gain reduction metering is useless, seems to be just eye candy.

Problems with the headroom control affecting the dry signal with the wet/dry mix.

It has issues, still a quality product all in all, but for me not keeping pace with Softube.

I'll use it now and then, there's probably places it will shine.

just IMO, YMMV etc etc etc.

Thanks Heath, that's a really handy comparison. Nice to see you still praise it as a good product, even though it's not quite in the same league. I might still give it a demo, but a compressor has to be pretty damn good, or unique these days for it to tempt me!

They have released an updated version that addresses a number of bugs and 'missteps'. Not sure if this is the full release notes, but is what was mentioned in an Email they sent out recently.

here is some info on the update

Headroom knob: I got rid of it and just replaced it with in and out knobs. I never liked headroom knobs to begin with and I feel like the new in and out for gain staging just works way easier.

Main input: I've added more gain to the input knob so you shouldnt even have to use the gain staging in the top bar anymore (unless you want to)

THD knob: this basically just lets you choose how much of the modelled saturation you want. Keep it at default if you don't wanna change anything but you can now add more or less harmonics to every comp mode

Autogain: fixed this up so it works better with the attack and release settings as well. (please note you may still get a bit of gain increase when using this. I always find it hard to pick between perceived loudness and actual meter readings for auto gain so this is a bit in between the 2)

Meters: fixed these up a bunch (they really sucked on the last version) you'll now get way better reading from it with out it being jittery. I'll also add in some digital meters in a future update just need some more time (probably with the sidechain and stereo link update in dec) .

All the best,

- Eddie