SSL Fusion Black Friday Sale!

cclarry

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

I wouldn’t think the 3 for 2 would apply for items they have on a special discount.

Maybe not the intent, but that's not what their website says.
I'm real big into if a business says I gotta follow their stated rules then they need to as well.

Edited by TheSteven

20 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Maybe for the full mix or some critical stereo bus yes, but I hear nice focus in the center, might do good for like vocals/solo instr.

yep usually roll offs give clarity , people tend to forget that ..... i can't test this one , i tested when launch very quikly , but now i cna 't thks to ilok bs .... i asked ssl for a demo extension but parrently they can't .... be sure to compare it to ssl x saturator , from memory we're close ....

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Judge for yourself...
Here's Vintage Drive run through DMF's PluginDoctor
SSLVintageDriveperformance.gif

SSLVintageDriveperformance.jpg

Thks a lot

Interesteing can you put the mix knob at 50 %,  i really,  and nobody talking about this , suspect that in the HW we're in 50 % kinda parallel processing  for some moduls (HF , drive) ....

The second thing and this is the danger of analyser is that i suspect that this hduge bup is teh sidechain of the internal compressor circuit ...can you also post the dynamic ?

EDIT : no need , i managed to test it on my own , thsk a lot again !!

Edited by Zo

Calibration is key 

I might do a video because boy i seen some crazy stuff on yt lol 

Basically the settings are dynamic highy depend on lvls , understand it that a setting X at -9 is setting Y at -12 ....don't know if m clear ?

image.thumb.png.50d3145c3d50e2335d6e4ca2ee477cc5.png

image.thumb.png.578f8c41ef6e5bbe1a9d7dd7d1905831.png

AT 50 % Mix witch i suspect the HW to be 

image.thumb.png.3a81a7b899790d9920181607b0ff2d8b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for the compression , a smooth  soft knee witch is exellent fro dynamic conrtol and glue rather that hard knee that is basically all or nothing , soft knew compresses more element in a closer way , giving that glue factor , same here don't know if i'm clear lol 

image.thumb.png.0ee6a07ba6b50b92c20753590f2a46f0.png

• Like 1

With these settings
image.png.264432af05761889ab1e1fb3495be775.png

Without Auto Gain engaged Vintage Drive gave my mixes a average 3.6db boost.
I found the effect of having the plugin in the master buss varied (in a blind test) from not discernable to a mild but pleasant gluing with better definition in drums.
Low bass was starting to get a bit wooly which is not surprising with the plugin's settings causing the frequency response below.
I didn't test it on a mix with a low sub-bass nor is my system (without subwoofers) capable of hitting those sub frequencies but could see where it might be an issue if your material did.   

image.thumb.png.c7c036c169414ba1cb71647ae299b479.png

Ending verdict for me... depends on material. On one mix I tried it on it would be a keeper, on the others not worth inserting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Density is compression , so play with this for the glue factor , the drive depending on it sposition is for me not only an amount of harmonics generated via volume drive but also a color zone , to shape freqiency wise the things.

It works’wonder on synth bass and heavy energy stuff 

for a whole mix the key is to use in conjonction with the violet eq (or another ) and to compensate for any loss..

my setting is preetty linear for master bus bewteen 10 -11 oclok’ drive 1_2 oclok density ...density all the way up males driving unable to generate sat /clipping and distortion...

A real gem ... that s why it simportant to take your time ..

did several test all plugins chained and it s really great , ceratinly something i can ahciev with other stuff , but only top level stuff (i m talkingizotope ´ uad ´ weiss, ect ).   5 plugins for the price of one .... seems solid ...

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

SSL got back to me on the 3 for 2 sale...

Thank you for contacting SSL.

Unfortunately, the 3 for 2 promotion does not stack with the Fusion plugin sale.  You can only utilize one or the other and the site will choose the cheaper of the options as the default.

It would be one thing if their web site said that anywhere, but it doesn't.
Here's text from their web site regarding the 3 for 2 offer:

SSL Plug-in's are often regarded as the best kept secret in audio production. To help spread the word we're offering a 3 for 2 custom plug-in bundle across the entire range. You could add some console style saturation, advanced dynamics processing or any of the console grade plug-ins within the SSL Native range and beyond to create your perfect custom bundle.

Cudos to SSL support for getting back to me, must be frustrating having to tell customers that they don't intend to live up to the terms specified on their web site. 
Any major business would honor such discrepancies. 
(According to Solid State Logic: Contact Details and Business Profile SSL's revenue is $25 million / at least 126 employees - so yes they are a major business)

My shopping cart contained 4 fusion plugins and splashed across the top was the link 'Have you used your 3 for 2 offer?

I emptied most of my shopping cart and may opt to not buy any, I don't like giving my business to companies that don't honor their word. 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

SSL got back to me on the 3 for 2 sale...

It would be one thing if their web site said that anywhere, but it doesn't.
Here's text from their web site regarding the 3 for 2 offer:

Cudos to SSL support for getting back to me, must be frustrating having to tell customers that they don't intend to live up to the terms specified on their web site. 
Any major business would honor such discrepancies. 
(According to Solid State Logic: Contact Details and Business Profile SSL's revenue is $25 million / at least 126 employees - so yes they are a major business)

My shopping cart contained 4 fusion plugins and splashed across the top was the link 'Have you used your 3 for 2 offer?

I emptied most of my shopping cart and may opt to not buy any, I don't like giving my business to companies that don't honor their word. 

Yeah , they answered the same , i didn't want to even argue about the fact that itwas done in a manner that leds a ll of doors open for legal concern , but who cares about law nowdayz ?

I did suggested a bundle offer .

Anyway , for me it's audio deluxed then or JRRSHOP