Audiomodern Complete Suite

cclarry

It's weird, considering it is €149 ($148) at the Audiomodern site now.

https://audiomodern.com/products/

I have a feeling that the price for the suite will get better in stores.  There's an Audiomodern store-wide 35% off now, and maybe when the third-party stores catch up to that, the price for the suite will go below $148. 

Have you noticed how AM has hid all the non-suite stuff on their site?  You really have to search to find  Opacity I & II and Atom 2.0, and the sample sets aren't there at all.   Maybe the idea is to give the idea that if you buy the Suite you get everything they sell. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Have you noticed how AM has hid all the non-suite stuff on their site?  You really have to search to find  Opacity I & II and Atom 2.0, and the sample sets aren't there at all.   Maybe the idea is to give the idea that if you buy the Suite you get everything they sell. 

The suite looks like it contains their plugins only.

I get the feeling that either AM have found people visit their website primarily for their plugins, or they are slowly stepping away from their sample libraries (maybe they've switched business focus?).

It wouldn't be the first time - from their website, AudioThing look to be only about plugins, but look on Plugin Boutique and you'll find a bundle of Kontakt instruments from them.

19 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I have a feeling that the price for the suite will get better in stores.  There's an Audiomodern store-wide 35% off now, and maybe when the third-party stores catch up to that, the price for the suite will go below $148. 

Ya - I own A LOT of their stuff - bought many of their libraries / sample packs over the last 5 years+ 'cause I always loved their sound. (Lots of glitchy weird ambient stuff.) So already own Atom, Opacity, Paths series, Shift series, Sync series, Discrete Energy, etc. But when I do the "Complete my Suite" it gives me the same €149 price, since I don't own stuff like Playbeat, Riffer. 

They used to offer an "everything" type bundle that included all sample-type libraries and instruments, etc. But definitely seems like they're moving away from that older stuff. Which is odd, because it's solid content and would likely continue to generate revenue - and it's not like they have to update it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Ya - I own A LOT of their stuff - bought many of their libraries / sample packs over the last 5 years+ 'cause I always loved their sound. (Lots of glitchy weird ambient stuff.) So already own Atom, Opacity, Paths series, Shift series, Sync series, Discrete Energy, etc. But when I do the "Complete my Suite" it gives me the same €149 price, since I don't own stuff like Playbeat, Riffer. 

They used to offer an "everything" type bundle that included all sample-type libraries and instruments, etc. But definitely seems like they're moving away from that older stuff. Which is odd, because it's solid content and would likely continue to generate revenue - and it's not like they have to update it.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they make a ton more money from this series and they decided to put all their energies to adding products to it.  Somebody already requested that they take Loopmix and make it with MIDI loops instead of audio loops.  Good idea.

And I could see them adding more free things to the series to get people into the system.

I think this combination of excellent free products and free expansions to the main lines is really smart. 

I'm probably going to get Loopmix, which is kind of crazy because I am spending more of my time creating YouTube videos than composing music.  But I never know which product I get that will be most helpful with music and fx for my videos.  I have use ProjectSam's Animator a zillion times. 

The key thing is that Playbeat is SO good.  XO was my favorite but Playbeat has taken over, although I still love XO.  And Loopmix is a lot like Playbeat, so it will be easier for me to learn. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The key thing is that Playbeat is SO good.  XO was my favorite but Playbeat has taken over, although I still love XO.  And Loopmix is a lot like Playbeat, so it will be easier for me to learn. 

I'll be looking at that based on your recommendation. I hadn't even tried the demo yet. I also like XO, so curious about Playbeat.

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

I'll be looking at that based on your recommendation. I hadn't even tried the demo yet. I also like XO, so curious about Playbeat.

They are different animals.  But both good.

With Toontrack and XLN Audio and purchased loops from Groove Monkee, I feel like I am essentially curating.  I'm looking at stuff somebody else did and finding something that fits my song. 

With Playbeat you can create things in real time that nobody else has.  Beats that have never been thought of, and that you could never do.   Every time you hit a fill you won't know what it will be. But you'll be happy with it because it fits within parameters you set up. 

Randomization is very common in music applications, but I find it usually results in a lot of unmusical garbage to weed through.   Audiomodern has come up with AI so you can control to a great degree what you're going to get.  You can set it up to get beats that have similarity to other beats.   You can have three patterns and tell it you want it to generate stuff like that. 

I'm guessing that Loopmix may have this kind of intelligent randomization. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 6:15 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

Reid's prediction about a price drop may have come to pass -- though honestly, it's pretty confusing.

On the Audiomodern page, the "Complete Suite" remains €149. That definitely includes: Riffer, ChordJam, Playbeat 3, Loopmix and the three free effects. Other sites, including ADSR and PluginFox, offer the same package with the same "Complete Suite" name and a similar price.

Plugin Boutique and JRRshop offer the same 7 plugins as a $149 package, but call it the "Random Generators Bundle", which seems to be an older name. A few other shops, Sweetwater and Thomann among them, have had links to the same bundle, but those are no longer available. On the Sweetwater site, at least, the "old" version of this bundle is specified -- it includes only Chordjam, Playbeat 3 and Riffer. So far as I know, in the first iteration of the bundle called "Random Generators", Loopmix didn't exist yet.

However, a few shops, including Musician's Friend and Guitar Center, are selling a "Random Generators Bundle" for ~$97. My guess would be that was the price for the older bundle with that name, but both sites have an identical summary of the product that describes Riffer and Playbeat 3, then ends with:

Also included
PanflowGatelabFilterstepLoopmix

The big question is whether this is the "old" bundle, not yet removed but updated with a new description, or the "new" bundle, including Loopmix, at a pretty fantastic price? ChordJam isn't mentioned at all in the MF/GC bundles, so it's possible it's excluded, but unlikely. Even if, Riffer, Playbeat and Loopmix for less than $100 would beat any of the Black Friday deals I've seen on those combined. 

I'm considering Loopmix and Playbeat myself, and intrigued by Riffer, so it's tempting. But if Loopmix isn't included, it's not so great a deal. And despite the mention, Loopmix is nowhere to be seen in the product images on the MF and GC product pages. Has anyone happened to have taken a flyer on these?

9 hours ago, Zolton said:

Reid's prediction about a price drop may have come to pass -- though honestly, it's pretty confusing.

On the Audiomodern page, the "Complete Suite" remains €149. That definitely includes: Riffer, ChordJam, Playbeat 3, Loopmix and the three free effects. Other sites, including ADSR and PluginFox, offer the same package with the same "Complete Suite" name and a similar price.

Plugin Boutique and JRRshop offer the same 7 plugins as a $149 package, but call it the "Random Generators Bundle", which seems to be an older name. A few other shops, Sweetwater and Thomann among them, have had links to the same bundle, but those are no longer available. On the Sweetwater site, at least, the "old" version of this bundle is specified -- it includes only Chordjam, Playbeat 3 and Riffer. So far as I know, in the first iteration of the bundle called "Random Generators", Loopmix didn't exist yet.

However, a few shops, including Musician's Friend and Guitar Center, are selling a "Random Generators Bundle" for ~$97. My guess would be that was the price for the older bundle with that name, but both sites have an identical summary of the product that describes Riffer and Playbeat 3, then ends with:

Also included
PanflowGatelabFilterstepLoopmix

The big question is whether this is the "old" bundle, not yet removed but updated with a new description, or the "new" bundle, including Loopmix, at a pretty fantastic price? ChordJam isn't mentioned at all in the MF/GC bundles, so it's possible it's excluded, but unlikely. Even if, Riffer, Playbeat and Loopmix for less than $100 would beat any of the Black Friday deals I've seen on those combined. 

I'm considering Loopmix and Playbeat myself, and intrigued by Riffer, so it's tempting. But if Loopmix isn't included, it's not so great a deal. And despite the mention, Loopmix is nowhere to be seen in the product images on the MF and GC product pages. Has anyone happened to have taken a flyer on these?

I have to be honest and say that I bought the bundle last year for around a hundred bucks, but haven't gotten deep into anything but Playbeat.  I did the usual thing of watching the videos so I would understand Riffer and Chordjam, but then when I got the bundle I just didn't spend much time with them. The real reason for this is that I have been focusing on making videos.

I bet a few of you have done something similar.  Buy a bundle and don't use everything.  Perhaps in retrospect, I just should have only bought Playbeat. 

Anyway, there is no real break for owning the bundle and getting Loopmix.   If I want it, I'm going to have to pay around $40.  I think the best deal is JRRShop.   I'm going to watch the videos some more.

Playbeat is great for popping out a quick cue that nobody else has (important for YouTube).   And I think Loopmix will be the same.  Another thing is that these are the only ones Audiomodern supports with Expansions (although Loopmix currently only has one that isn't in the factory library.)

So maybe think about what you really want. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I have to be honest and say that I bought the bundle last year for around a hundred bucks, but haven't gotten deep into anything but Playbeat.  I did the usual thing of watching the videos so I would understand Riffer and Chordjam, but then when I got the bundle I just didn't spend much time with them. The real reason for this is that I have been focusing on making videos.

I bet a few of you have done something similar.  Buy a bundle and don't use everything.  Perhaps in retrospect, I just should have only bought Playbeat. 

Anyway, there is no real break for owning the bundle and getting Loopmix.   If I want it, I'm going to have to pay around $40.  I think the best deal is JRRShop.   I'm going to watch the videos some more.

Playbeat is great for popping out a quick cue that nobody else has (important for YouTube).   And I think Loopmix will be the same.  Another thing is that these are the only ones Audiomodern supports with Expansions (although Loopmix currently only has one that isn't in the factory library.)

So maybe think about what you really want. 

That's sound advice. And one reason why I'd written off the bundle at $149 -- I'm definitely interested in Playbeat and Loopmix, which at JRRshop or LootAudio would be a shade over $80 together. For a little more, Riffer's been on my "maybe" list, but I feel I'm covered for what ChordJam offers, and I have (and use) the freebies already.

It definitely helps to break any bundle down into individual titles and ask what each one is worth to you specifically. Sites like musicsoftwaredeals help tremendously to see what's historically a good deal/value for each plugin, and how likely the current opportunity is to come around again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else was considering Loopmix and keeping an eye out for the best price, it just got slightly cheaper at JRRshop, which seems to be the best deal all around (at least for those in the US).

Previously (and currently, in musicsoftwaredeals scraped data), it was listed at $49 at JRR, like most other shops, but dropped to around $40 with a discount code. Today the codes don't work, but the list price is $38.99.

That's ever-so-slightly higher than the lowest price for Loopmix reported on MSD, which was at Loot Audio a couple of weeks ago. So far as I can tell, Loot hasn't changed their price in Euros, but their price in dollars must be dictated by exchange rates, as it's slowly crept up to ~$42.50 over time.

Edited to add: It looks like the lower price at JRR is a "blowout" deal. I've never been entirely sure how those work, but probably it's an important detail. And I hope I didn't just talk about fight club, or something.

Edited by Zolton
  • Haha 1