Epic Free Game (until 11/3): Saturnalia (Win/Mac)

abacab

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/saturnalia

A Survival Horror Adventure: as an ensemble cast, explore an isolated village of ancient ritual – its labyrinthine roads change each time you lose all your characters.

"Coming in 2022, a survival-horror adventure inspired and heavily influenced by the folklore of Sardinia, Italy, a region rich with unique traditions and culture. You will play as four characters, experiencing a deeply connected storyline that ties back to the haunting traditions of this ancient village. The village itself is an elaborate maze with no two iterations being precisely the same - you will have to explore and solve the mysteries of the game largely unguided. Die, and watch the village reconfigure itself into a new form. Solve puzzles and open shortcuts to new areas with tools and items you find along the way, unlocking every piece of the story with different characters, each suited for another aspect of exploration and investigation. Heavily stylized visuals feature ‘sketched’ artwork and animations inspired by stop-motion and rotoscoping film techniques to immerse players in a world unlike anything else. Music and audio performed by reinventing ancient music and sounds, with an electronic twist in the style of Italian giallo classics from the 70s. With a limited supply of matches to light your way and darkness encroaching, can you find your way through the fog to reveal the truth? Or will you be engulfed by the secrets this town doesn’t want you to know? This trailer was shot using footage taken during location scouting, and gameplay."

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Looks like only a couple more days on this one and I didn't find a post or mention that Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - Standard Edition is also free.  Apologies if you posted that and I missed it.  These make me even happier now that I am able to run Epic Games library games on my Steam Deck wooo hooo

Sorry, I didn't bother to post that one. Nothing against it, but just not my genre...

There are typically 2 new game freebies at Epic each week, and I generally only highlight one now and then that is of interest to me, not necessarily all of them. Occasionally I see 2 good ones, but frequently there can also be 1 or 2 duds from my point of view. So if you want to stay on top of them all, recommend bookmarking the site and visit it every Thursday. 😉

>>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/free-games

Edited by abacab

Since we're in a gaming thread...

If you have Amazon Prime, don't sleep on the games available for free on Prime Gaming. While there's some chaff to sort through (from my perspective, including games on the Legacy Games platform and those only free for the month on Luna), the freebies available to download and play forever (DRM-free for the most part) are a solid mix of genres, indies and AAAs, etc. Nothing brand new, but generally solid.

The set for November just dropped and includes:

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (redeems on GOG)
Last Day of June
WRC9
Etherborn
Whispering Willows
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

• Like 3