Add 500 extra arpeggiator patterns to Cakewalk

Starship Krupa

Cakewalk seems to read the Arpeggiator Patterns directory on startup. I can move the Alesion ARP Presets directory from the root of Arpeggiator Patterns to within Rhythms or Shapes and Cakewalk shows them correctly in that sub-directory after startup. Moving the  Alesion directory after Cakewalk has started does not change the display or behavior of the Arpeggiator presets, so Cakewalk seems to read the directory once on startup and cache the list until it's restarted.

If Alesion folder is in the Arpeggiator Patterns directory, it should find it... somehow Cakewalk is getting the wrong path to the patterns directory???

I dunno.

As noted above I don't use the Inspector-based Arpeggiator any more, but I was curious about where I had the Alesion Presets.  So I found where I had the folder and then copied the folder to where my other arp presets were. So, using "Open Preset" in the arpegiator's list (as opposed to "Load Preset"), they are in the following hierarchy:

[My User Folder]** > AppData > Roaming > Cakewalk > Cakewalk Core > Aleson ARP Presets    **[My User Folder] is a folder on my Desktop

Using the Everything finder tool, it is listed as being at C:\Cakewalk Content.   

Note:  I did not have to reboot Cakewalk; however, after I rebooted Cakewalk, the folder was listed in/accessible from the Open Preset list in the arpeggiator (along with a folder I have called "From E Drive" on an external drive where I had off-loaded a bunch of Cakewalk content.

13 hours ago, Variorum said:

Check the ArpPresetFolder entry in:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\UserPaths

I just checked and it agrees with the Open Preset location.  RegEdit say this key is C:\Users\[My User Account]\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core.

Hope this helps explain the results you have been getting.

Edited by User 905133
To add info from RegEdit

• 1 month later...