Spitfire Audio BBCSO (Discovery free) with PlugInGuru’s Unify

Fleer

I agree that BBCSO would probably work much better with an SSD, at least for the load times. Spitfire appears to load all samples into RAM.

@Yan FiliatraultI have BBCSO Core and tried loading a full orchestra template into Studio One. 16 GB RAM choked on that. 🤪

Edited by abacab

16 hours ago, abacab said:

DiscoverStation for Unify is on sale right now for $35.40.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/discoverstation-corestation-unify-bbcso/

His summer sales change week to week, so not sure how long this will be a deal. Normally $59.

But... one simple question...
If I buy DiscoverStation, do I need to buy Unify too?

I see that Unify Standard has a price of $79, so If I want to buy DiscoverStation, I should pay $79 plus $35.40, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Niky Serrano said:

But... one simple question...
If I buy DiscoverStation, do I need to buy Unify too?

I see that Unify Standard has a price of $79, so If I want to buy DiscoverStation, I should pay $79 plus $35.40, isn't it?

Correct. DiscoverStation is a preset pack for Unify. In this case, you also need at least the free BBCSO Discovery plugin installed as well.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

And you’ll also find gigabytes of great sounds and FX included in the Unify purchase. Plus, you can then add free Unify add-ons to the libraries you already own, even the free Spitfire Labs series. If I’m correct, the only Unify add-on you’d have to pay for is DiscoverStation, the other ones are free. But paying for DiscoverStation is absolutely worth it, as it turns BBCSO into a multi-layered instrument. 

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

And you’ll also find gigabytes of great sounds and FX included in the Unify purchase. Plus, you can then add free Unify add-ons to the libraries you already own, even the free Spitfire Labs series. If I’m correct, the only Unify add-on you’d have to pay for is DiscoverStation, the other ones are free. But paying for DiscoverStation is absolutely worth it, as it turns BBCSO into a multi-layered instrument. 

Unify is a great value by itself, out of the box! :)

There are now something like 80 free "Unified" preset banks for 3rd party synths. All you need to use them is to own the underlying 3rd party synth. Unify has a plug-in scanner like any plug-in host that can scan your plug-in paths, so that Unify keeps track of your "known plug-ins".

There are a number of paid Unify add-ons besides DiscoverStation that only require Unify to run, such as Unichill, Cloud City, Renegade, UniLofi, Megamagic Guitars for Unify, etc. These are Guru Sampler based and do not require any additional underlying synths to function. Guru Sampler is included in Unify standard, as well as are a number of included factory MIDI and audio FX.

In addition to the Unify-only add-ons, there are also some paid add-ons that require 3rd party synths, such as the Repro Power Pack, and FM8 Power Pack, etc.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/

Edited by abacab