SomaFM: Commercial-free underground/alternative streaming radio w/player app

abacab

16 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for the recommendation and catching the typo in my username! Cakewalk keeps changing my name back to my registered name -- which I changed to my pseudonym from back in the day -- and when I mistyped PavlovsCat today when I went to change it back.

Are you by any chance registered on BandLab by your real name? That could be why your name shows up.

I am not registered as a BandLab user other than by my Cakewalk account, and Cakewalk only has my "screen" name, so it never tries to change that.

4 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Maybe we see how they connect with their audience, and appreciate that that's a skill right there. Maybe a good song is just a good song, maybe a good singer is just a good singer, etc.

Exactly!

15 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think musicians tend to be more open-minded about such things. We can appreciate the craft that goes into making music, however it's made or by whom.

Maybe we see how they connect with their audience, and appreciate that that's a skill right there. Maybe a good song is just a good song, maybe a good singer is just a good singer, etc.

Yeah,  but that doesn't stop my kids from mocking me.  Haha! I don't mind. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

that doesn't stop my kids from mocking me

That's what teenagers do, innit?

@PhonoBrainer, here's the site for the record company I mentioned earlier, the one named after Ulrich Schnauss' legendary album:

https://www.astrangelyisolatedplace.com/

I forgot to mention that they, too have an excellent stream (complete with iOS and Android apps) called 9128. There's also a direct stream for the Winamp/MusicBee/foobar/iTunes Streaming Radio (NOT iTunes Radio 😄) oriented: https://streams.radio.co/s0aa1e6f4a/listen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:36 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Check Microsoft Store and the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. All of them have SomaFM players that allow you to Like songs and go directly to sites where you can purchase them. I haven't checked, but the MacOS App Store probably does, too.

Whatever CODEC they're using is really good.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:48 PM, abacab said:

SomaFM Player for Windows.PNG

SomaFM Player Home.PNG

Ohhh thanks, guys! Will check these out tonight. :)

• Like 1