Arturia Buchla Easel V

cclarry

10 hours ago, User 905133 said:

an offer to upgrade to Analog Lab V for $69

Analog Lab is a whole heap of great sounds for cheap! Well worth getting the full Lab. And don't miss the free sounds available, as you have already discovered!

Analog Lab and Pigments were my gateway to the Arturia ecosystem, then I added Piano V that was bundled with a new controller.

I eventually ended up with an offer to upgrade to the full V Collection 8 for $249. Couldn't pass that up! :)

With the Easel, I am getting a good feel for how the Lab allows for actual preset editing.  I was not overly impressed by Intro's factory presets (many of the free expansion packs are better!) and since all the $69 would buy is more presets that cannot be edited (except for FX), if I get into Arturia software synths, it would be better for me to use the $69 towards the larger editable bundle.  Not sure it will be this Black Friday or the next one. 

Edited by User 905133
to add "(except for FX)"
  • Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I was not overly impressed by Intro's factory presets (many of the free expansion packs are better!) and since all the $69 would buy is more presets that cannot be edited (except for FX)

Analog Lab is perfect for primarily preset users, who are seeking sounds quickly to write a song with. But you are correct about deep editing, in that you would want the full V Collection for that capability.

• Like 1