APD Deal - Ujam Virtual Guitarist Amber

cclarry

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Yes, I would agree!!!

But Tracy Collins *Indiginus* also does very well with many stringed folk instruments, i.e., The Resonator. :)

I'll always remember when a member of VI Control was being bullied, Tracy stepped up. I know he's a talented developer too, but I really came to respect him as a human being.  A total class act. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'll always remember when a member of VI Control was being bullied, Tracy stepped up. I know he's a talented developer too, but I really came to respect him as a human being.  A total class act. 

Did you see Simeon's live stream interview with Tracy?

• Thanks 1

I think we are talking apples and oranges with UJAM and Orange Tree.   One requires very little knowledge of how the instrument works and doesn't care about detail of realism.

Meanwhile I forgot I have all of the AAS collection.

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Did you see Simeon's live stream interview with Tracy?

No, I'll have to check it out sometime.  Of course,  I really enjoy Simeon's videos/personality and playing and as I've shared,  I  really have a great deal of fondness for Tracy (I actually don't know him, I bought a library or two of his years ago, but I mainly like him so much because when someone was being bullied, Tracy stepped in and tried to stop the bullying,  so yeah,  I'm a huge fan of his values). 

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

No, I'll have to check it out sometime.  Of course,  I really enjoy Simeon's videos/personality and playing and as I've shared,  I  really have a great deal of fondness for Tracy (I actually don't know him, I bought a library or two of his years ago, but I mainly like him so much because when someone was being bullied, Tracy stepped in and tried to stop the bullying,  so yeah,  I'm a huge fan of his values). 

OK, here it is. Sorry for spamming the UJAM thread, but at least it's not the OT Group Buy thread! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

39 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I think we are talking apples and oranges with UJAM and Orange Tree.   One requires very little knowledge of how the instrument works and doesn't care about detail of realism.

Actually I was originally just comparing the relative value of spending $29 (or $23) for a really dumbed down virtual guitar from UJAM (their bottom of the barrel), vs. putting that cash towards a more capable Orange Tree guitar. Yes, I realize the difference. Apples, pineapples, whatever!

But I am saying this as someone who owns several of each brand. And that this may be a good time to skip a dirt cheap UJAM deal, and go up the scale a bit for a much higher quality virtual guitar, that is very accessible at the moment due to the annual group buy.

In fact the MSRP for a UJAM guitar is $129. Obviously nobody (I hope) actually pays $129 for UJAM, as they are always having sales.

• Like 1